IQglass

Pocster

Oh, I was once asked (in the late 90's) to make a transparent stair case for a show.  The company was based in Amersham.  Not sure if it is the same people (I dealt with an Architect).

Had to point out there was a big disadvantage, all their staff should wear trousers.

There is an Art Gallery in Penzance (The Exchange) that has some 'posh glazing'.  Looked good when it was new, now it looks a bit tatty (silicone has discoloured, a few panes are broken, lighting now mismatched).

Was a nice idea at the time though.

Edited by SteamyTea

For walk on rooflights/sklights, we are using http://skylight.co.uk/ - they started off business doing walk on roof lights (after seeing a gap in the market when many people got injured falling through them accordingly to the owner). 

I went to their showroom and really liked the design. They have done some cool stuff with a Land Rover Defender (glass steps and sides) so walk on floor is probably something they could help with too. 

• 4 years later...
9 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Have you just had a flashback?

Nope.

I let all the mistakes / changes /mess up's go.

Then a few days ago I tried to open one of the small sliding doors. It's jammed solid. Nothing I can do to open it.

I've sent a nice email as you can imagine. At the time I never though anything of the 12 month warranty - but that's really really crap i.e. they are out of the warranty period.

Current quote from IQGlass is 390+vat to look at it and "maybe" fix it on site.

All the little things I let go because the guy I was dealing with ( better not name him ) f everything up - he has since left the company.

Edited by pocster

Let it not be said that my emails are not effective.

IQglass will repair the door for free and in essence agree ( how I read it anyway ) that the guy dealing with our install was a knob .

If anyone wants me to send abusive but factual emails I’ll do it for free - because I’m kind ( and enjoy it )  to anyone I should add ! Not just IQglass . Neighbor, the council ( my favourite as they are lying (expletive deleted) ) , lovers , even that guy you hate at the end of the road - he’s sure to be a (expletive deleted) wad . Equally anyone on here ?

Edited by pocster
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. NO emails to Zoot the Hoot....You will only get another Black mark against your name. As you know, we would all hate to lose you buddy. The entertainment value of the site would go through the floor.

Tried to PM him but I’m blocked ( guessing everyone is ) . Last I heard Zoot had died of hypothermia......

• Haha 2