CU Layout / Circuits

PeterW

Regarding defining TN , TNC, TNS, TNCS,  PME.

When anyone fails to grasp just how important the correct terminology is, it can be the difference between life or death. 

Edited by Nickfromwales
Edited to remove irrelevant content

Mixing up a TNCS system and a TT system is possibly lethal,

Completely different earthing systems and protective measures required.

Edited by Nickfromwales

13 hours ago, Steptoe said:

Its not,

Putting a lot of other stuff aside,

Mixing up a TNCS system and a TT system is possibly lethal,

Completely different earthing systems and protective measures required.

I apologised for the error, which wasn't as you've stated. I wrote TN-C by mistake when I meant to write TT, as well you know, as I've gone into enough detail to make this clear.  

Edited by Nickfromwales
  • Like 1

A polite notice from @BuildHub

It was decided that this thread would be locked for a cooling off period as things got a little personal. 

I have, as a site moderator, edited the content according to site etiquette and forum rules. Anyone who has commented in this very helpful and informative debate can now please check their OWN posts for my editing. You will each find I have marked and identified the edited posts so  if there is no marker, it has not been touched. 

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS ANY MEMBER TO DISPUTE THESE EDITS ON THE OPEN FORUM. Any genuine discrepancies can be corrected immediately. Please contact me directly PRIOR to making any amendments and I will accommodate / facilitate the requests accordingly. This is to ensure any edit / amendment doesn't make the thread non-sensical. 

Let's keep a good forum great ?

"Have a nice day y'all"?

@BuildHub

• Like 3

Just to add I can "copy" the regs / OSG / guide to the building regs all day long. These pearls of wisdom aren't mine. They're just engrained for the most part.

Underpinning knowledge is vital which you will only get from a learning medium like an apprenticeship or college. Even then you need practice ideally under the supervision of a good mentor to get the manual dexterity to do a neat and tidy and above all safe job. This right down the basics; how to unroll a reel of armoured, how much wire to strip off the core, how to strip it and fold if necessary, natural lay of the cables, leaving enough slack for later cut backs / alterations......

FAR easier then plumbing though! :)

• Like 1