UFH Advice

Seadog

Evening,

I have my new build water tight and moving along nicely, 1.5 Bungalow. 

I have opted for wet UFH downstairs laid in screed, 110m2 and wet UFH upstairs laid within EPS board with a 5mm flexible screed over the top for carpet/laminate 60m2.

A friend who built a similar sized property wish that they had put UFH upstairs so I was steered by that.

I have had several quotes but they have all put a stat in every single room. I am thinking that is not necessary and one upstairs and one downstairs should be sufficient.

However I have read that much conflicting information with regard to heating/plumbing etc that I now can't see the wood for the trees !

Any thoughts ?

Thank you

Jas

As above, all depends on your insulation and airtightness. If you have enough of both, the consensus is that UFH isn't needed on the upper floors. We're only putting ufh in the bathrooms. Also, individual room stats not really needed as house will be of uniform heat. We're having three stars (one for basement, ground floor and first floor).

Thank you for the replies.

Block and beam floor with 150mm PIR under 65mm screed. 150mm cavity with full fill wool, thermalite walls. 150mm PIR between rafters with 40mm PIR overboard and 400mm between/cross joists.

I envisage a uniform heat so am steering towards 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs.