AONB

jpinthehouse

Hi

Has anyone experience of building on land that is designated AONB 

We are thinking about trying to convert a stables / barn, a similar building across the road managed to get planning, but wasn't in AONB

Alternative is to consider building under the existing sand school, and reinstate sand school slightly higher than it is now. 

Thanks 

John 

I don’t have any experience of this however I have been watching closely an application near us as I was interested in the plot should it come on the market, the application was validated in January this year and is still ongoing with the latest comments being made by nature Scotland. They have made it clear that they are against the application but should it be granted they are expecting the LA to put a lot of conditions on the pp such as a 15m barrier being erected so that workmen are clear that it is a no go area, they have also stated that should there be the need for any drainage near this area it would have to be hand dug. It’s been a long drawn out affair and I expect has cost a lot of money with no guarantee of success and unfortunately for us should it succeed and be marketed I suspect it would be too expensive.