Show me your kitchen sinks!

Mandana

8 minutes ago, Mandana said:

Ah, see now I love the size of those sinks but not the scratches ?

That's why I thought it would give you a good comparison, before/after.

At the end of the day though it's a kitchen sink.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, patp said:

Very interesting! Do you think that it could be made to be a little closer to the front of the unit. I find sinks very difficult to access due to being five foot nothing :(

when I used to fit kitchens I often reduced work surface heights by reducing kick boards and fabricating legs to the customers requirements, can only be done if no appliances are in that part tho!!!!

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

when I used to fit kitchens I often reduced work surface heights by reducing kick boards and fabricating legs to the customers requirements, can only be done if no appliances are in that part tho!!!!

Thanks @joe90 I will bear that in mind. When I worked with disabled children we had a sink unit that you could wind up and down to make it wheelchair accessible. We used to use the table for a work surface.

6 hours ago, daiking said:

Rangemaster Atlantic Kube

It has been in use for 5 years. The right hand side is the sink we use, the left hand side normally has a draining basket so most of the surface is much less scratched to give you a good comparison 

A7DF2835-38C3-492A-B745-359072A31FEF.jpeg

EA4D83C5-0D77-4896-9C6F-D317513341D2.jpeg

2DC11A3E-F8F8-4F27-B8C1-A512B3152881.jpeg

I find that a bit of 0000 steel wool with car polishing compound (Meguiars or similar), followed by a polishing cloth with the same polish, will make that sink look like new. That's what I do,

Disclaimer - try it on a small discrete area first etc,

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ash_scotland88 said:

Is there such a thing as 1.5 butler/Belfast sink? My Google is failing and closest I can find is a 1.75 vilroy and Bosch at a crazy price!

Depends what you call crazy prices ..? Shaws make one - they are things of beauty - and RRP at over £1k but you can find them for cheaper. 

https://shawsofdarwen.com/kitchen-sinks/original/edgworth

On 16/11/2020 at 14:57, ArtyWoodworker said:

I find that a bit of 0000 steel wool with car polishing compound (Meguiars or similar), followed by a polishing cloth with the same polish, will make that sink look like new. That's what I do,

Disclaimer - try it on a small discrete area first etc,

steady on, you'll be expecting me to wash my car next.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Isn't quite finished being fitted yet. It's a Franke one.

IMG_20201124_164520.thumb.jpg.a5c6526e06dd110bc8e61baba06136c4.jpg

We had a black composite Franke sink and it looked fabulous ... until some tenants poured something into it which both ate the composite around the drain hole and bleached the inside of it! Franke were amazing - they told us they couldn't replace it as it was obsolete but they sent us a cheque for the RRP amount the sink was last sold at. That amount was double what we paid 11 years previously! 

Moral of the story - buy quality. We'll definitely use Franke again.

Does your sink come with anything else like chopping board, rack, stand for pans??

6 minutes ago, Mandana said:

We had a black composite Franke sink and it looked fabulous ... until some tenants poured something into it which both ate the composite around the drain hole and bleached the inside of it! Franke were amazing - they told us they couldn't replace it as it was obsolete but they sent us a cheque for the RRP amount the sink was last sold at. That amount was double what we paid 11 years previously! 

Moral of the story - buy quality. We'll definitely use Franke again.

Does your sink come with anything else like chopping board, rack, stand for pans??

Nothing else I've seen unfortunately. We only found the colinder by accident as the company we got it off ex display had put it into the drawers thinking it was some kind of cutlery divider ? 

2 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Nothing else I've seen unfortunately. We only found the colinder by accident as the company we got it off ex display had put it into the drawers thinking it was some kind of cutlery divider ? 

Ah, that's a shame. They sell accessories if you're interested in any of them.

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

keep an eye on eBay as they come up regularly. 

Yes, and indeed we've bought a few high-value kitchen items (eg Franke Ariane sink, Kessebohmer LeMans corner pull out unit etc) for a fraction of the retail cost. Always 'new' but tatty box, unsold stock etc. Best played as a long-term game though but that suits my general pace of house renovation anyway! ? I just set a saved search for the things I'm after (with an upper price limit) and then wait for the email alerts to come in.

Edited by MJNewton

6 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Yes, and indeed we've bought a few high-value kitchen items (eg Franke Ariane sink, Kessebohmer LeMans corner pull out unit etc) for a fraction of the retail cost. Always 'new' but tatty box, unsold stock etc. Best played as a long-term game though but that suits my general pace of house renovation anyway! ? I just set a saved search for the things I'm after (with an upper price limit) and then wait for the email alerts to come in.

If you come across two of these baskets will you let me know? We seem to have lost the two outside onee! We have the unit and the inside ones but we can't for the life of us locate the other two. They will probably turn up in about 6 months packed away somewhere but in the meantime we could really do with them. They just hook on.....

Screenshot_2020-11-24-23-09-48-749_com.google.android_apps.photos.thumb.jpg.d62eb232d097604d04b0dee639890983.jpg

Edited by canalsiderenovation

2 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

If you come across two of these baskets will you let me know? We seem to have lost the two outside onee! We have the unit and the inside ones but we can't for the life of us locate the other two. They will probably turn up in about 6 months packed away somewhere but in the meantime we could really do with them. They just hook on.....

Is the sink the 'Centinox'? And what's the outside vs inside difference?

8 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Is the sink the 'Centinox'? And what's the outside vs inside difference?

I believe it is yes.

None I tried earlier you can hook them off and they appear to be the same but it's only the outside ones that are missing. I think we put them somewhere for safe keeping incase they fell off and well.....?

• 3 weeks later...