installing sewage treatment plant with discharge to stream

Tom

More noise than SWMBO would like, you have to be within a couple of metres of it to hear it, but you would not choose to put your deck chair right next to it.

It could probably be soundproofed a bit, something I might try at some point.  It is a whole lot less noisy than a different make of treatment plant I connected earlier in the week.

18 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It is a whole lot less noisy than a different make of treatment plant I connected earlier in the week.

can you name that unit? (For the benefit of future installers of these things!). Mine (vortex) was quite noisy but moving the pump to an in ground location and sound deadening mat on top has made it virtually silent.

4 minutes ago, joe90 said:

can you name that unit? (For the benefit of future installers of these things!). Mine (vortex) was quite noisy but moving the pump to an in ground location and sound deadening mat on top has made it virtually silent.

This one https://www.fueltankshop.co.uk/harlequin-hydroclear-hc12-sewage-treatment-plant-12-person/p5713

It's a much larger system than most of us are likely to fit, but it serves a 6 bedroom house and a 2 bedroom cottage.  It replaced a collapsed septic tank.

This one has the blower in a separate remote box, and a very much larger blower than in for example my Conder unit.  But the design of the box it's in seems designed to amplify the noise, a bit like putting it on top of a drum.

EDIT: just read Peters question.  It's the noise from the pump vibrating in it's box.  You only hear anything of the stewing froth ir you take the lid off the tank.

Didn't someone on here build a brick housing to contain the pump without it vibrating?

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

But the design of the box it's in seems designed to amplify the noise, a bit like putting it on top of a drum.

That is what mine was like, blower box mounted on flat plastic lid of the plant ?‍♂️

the blower is darned-silent on our Solido, to the extent that I occasionally put my hand over the air inlet pipe to check it's drawing air.  Blower sits inside a sealed box, in the middle of the manhole. Now when it's doing it's occasional (twice a day IIRC) pumpout there's a very obvious-from ten-feet-away pouring gurgling water noise. But that's only for a few minutes and you'd have try try, to catch it...

• 4 weeks later...

@ProDave

Specific question about your Conder mate, did you sit it on a concrete surface, or simply excavated and plonked the thing in the hole? Intsructions seem to state a "firm level surface" at the bottom of the hole but the diagram indicates this should be concrete.

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

@ProDave

Specific question about your Conder mate, did you sit it on a concrete surface, or simply excavated and plonked the thing in the hole? Intsructions seem to state a "firm level surface" at the bottom of the hole but the diagram indicates this should be concrete.

No just on the bottom of the excavated hole.  It had to go in and come out I think 3 times before we got the bottom of the hole level and it was sitting level.

Then a day of mixing, barrowing and pouring concrete to fill the hole above the "ring" and anchor it in place.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

No just on the bottom of the excavated hole.  It had to go in and come out I think 3 times before we got the bottom of the hole level and it was sitting level.

Then a day of mixing, barrowing and pouring concrete to fill the hole above the "ring" and anchor it in place.

?