Master bedroom in 4 bed

WWilts

While the architect is mulling over things, we're letting our imagination run.

2 floors, 200 sqm. First floor plan options shown (our imagination).

Instead of a 5 bed, aiming for a 4 bed and hope to end up with a reasonably attractive master bedroom. Split opinions in family. Which would you pick to live in, A or B or neither, and why?

Thanks

PS Can't change externals (approved).

Bedrooms option A.jpg

Bedrooms option B.jpg

To clarify, both of those options are showing four Bedroom's?

I personally prefer the first option as it's a good balance for a 4-bed property... Bedroom 1 with an En-suite and the other Bedroom's sharing a Bathroom. Assuming there is a Cloaks on the ground floor, it can be seen to be a little over-kill to have four W.C.'s for a house of this size.

• Like 1

I would prefer 2 x shower rooms en suite and 1 shared bathroom with bath and shower.

I think you could have a re-jig.  Can any en-suites go back-to-back?  May be simpler to plumb.

What is the small internal room 2.7m without a door in the first one?  If you got rid of it it may be a nice space for desk / sofa.

• Like 1

In option C it would be difficult to have the toilet there as there is nowhere to put the stack downstairs. You would have to put a shower in that space and the WC where the bath is.

I would go option 1 with a small change -

As the master bedroom has a large dressing room it doesn't need a wardrobe as well. I would move the door to bedroom 3 up a bit to make the landing larger and then use some of the wardrobe space to have a cupboard off the landing.

I would also put a skylight over the landing.

Edited by AliG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AliG said:

there is nowhere to put the stack downstairs.

My introduction to "stack". Thank you.

1 hour ago, AliG said:

I would move the door to bedroom 3 up a bit to make the landing larger and then use some of the wardrobe space to have a cupboard off the landing.

Good thinking.

A minor comment in relation to the En-suite on the first option. If you are keen on having a 4-piece suite, I’d personally consider turning the bath at 90 degrees so it’s positioned width ways. Have the W.C. next to the bath, the washbasin next to the W.C. and then the shower in the same corner as shown but accessed opposite the En-suite door. Unless there is space to access the shower from the side next to the washbasin.

If you don’t mind the En-suite having a 3-piece suite (as the Bathroom is a 4-piece), then have a walk-in shower running width ways on the bottom, W.C. and then the washbasin. The size of the shower will dictate the position of that window, which you could shift up a little.

Edited by DevilDamo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDamo said:

A minor comment in relation to the En-suite on the first option. If you are keen on having a 4-piece suite, I’d personally consider turning the bath at 90 degrees so it’s positioned width ways. Have the W.C. next to the bath, the washbasin next to the W.C. and then the shower in the same corner as shown but accessed opposite the En-suite door. Unless there is space to access the shower from the side next to the washbasin.

If you don’t mind the En-suite having a 3-piece suite (as the Bathroom is a 4-piece), then have a walk-in shower running width ways on the bottom, W.C. and then the washbasin. The size of the shower will dictate the position of that window, which you could shift up a little.

Thanks. Externals on front (right of pic) a bit risky to attempt changes, but I get the logic.

TI agree 1 is better.

Remember that in your dressing room you really want space for a full length mirror and room to stand back very slightly to admire your outfit.

I would treat it as 2 sides with the end of the walkway as a mirror. Or alternative provision.

F

• Like 1