Tips on reviewing roof truss design

Get a drawing that shows the trimmer sizes and ideally the designer can generate the cut list for the infill timbers. The carpenter won't necessarily follow the cut list and the truss company will include extra provision for this, but it is useful to see.

Double check the chimneys, >50mm clearance to all combustible materials. Check this on site as trusses are installed.

On 29/11/2020 at 10:42, MortarThePoint said:

Double check the chimneys, >50mm clearance to all combustible materials. Check this on site as trusses are installed.

Liner systems aren’t included in this - the block work and vermiculite see to that. If you have twin wall it has to be clear of the trusses. 

13 hours ago, PeterW said:

Liner systems aren’t included in this - the block work and vermiculite see to that. If you have twin wall it has to be clear of the trusses. 

So does that mean if you have Isokern pumice liner and leca infill like I do you can have trusses very close to the chimney's brickwork? That would be good as otherwise I have to solve a small truss that has gone in at 45mm from the outer skin of the chimney. (my chimney is 175mm Isokern, minimum 95mm Leca, blockwork, cavity, brickwork)