Planning issues driveway and access

DeanoFromTheDock

Good evening all...

any help on this matter would be very much appreciated..

I’ve been going through planning for 7 months and finally I thought I could see some light at the end of the tunnel.

my application has been pulled twice from the planning agenda but was finally in for committee this week. The major issue is that my old man is a county councillor all declared and above board but has one major thorn in the ass who wants to do everything in his power to trip him up by ruining my application...

here we go 

planning has been approved by the head of planning on both occasions it has been put forward for committee. 

highways have approved the application with no issues.. 

conseravation officer has passed the application 

welsh water has passed the application. 

my issue is the councillor has demanded a site visit to see his issues. He is saying the entrance is very dangerous and could possibly see a fatality ? it’s a normal residential back street which is very quiet.. so I’m hoping common sense should prevail and should agree with all the professionals who have approved the application..

my question, does anybody know when the regulations changed regarding parking on a self build?? the house has got to  be 6m from the highway and I’ve got to have a turning circle where I can drive in and turn round and drive out facing forward which I have plus a double garage and 2 separate parking bays not obstructing the turning circle, so I do tick all the boxes.

I would just like to know when this was brought in as a regulation.. instead of just 2 simple parking bays.. 

sorry for the long write up but I can’t find any info on it. All I want to do is get a shovel in the ground.. please help haha 

I've had a new entrance made in a conservation area and the considerations were  as I understand it are on the ''visibility splay' as well as space to turn so that vehicles don't reverse into the road.  They let me remove some scrub trees so long as I replace with native hedging. Are all your neighbours happy? One of mine was very anxious that our drives weren't directly opposite each other so people couldn't  do a U turn. 

However, if highways have approved it already, the safety features should have already been considered. Can you ascertain what his genuine objections are and be ready to add as many mitigating safety features that you can? 

Stay calm. Do everything you can to seem accommodating and reasonable.

As long as highways have passed your plans your going to be ok. 

Tell whoever wants a visit they can, then don't be there. They are there to look only not open a discussion with you.

I'd put in writing to head of planning, that should an appeal be necessary then you will be asking for full costs against the coucil as it has allowed a decision maker in the process to furthger a personal grudge showing a lack of impartiality and reasonableness.

You are quite within your rights to ask for costs in this case and this normally will sort them out as they do not like it as its a tantamount verdict that they have broken the law.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/7720/costawardsinplanningappeals.pdf

10 hours ago, DeanoFromTheDock said:

my question, does anybody know when the regulations changed regarding parking on a self build?

I might be wrong but I don't think there has been a national change. Might be something in the local plan or a local Suplimentary Planning Policy Document (SPPD).

Edited by Temp

• 2 weeks later...

I know our local planning dept. frequently include the need for turning for new houses or replacement ones, but they do not seem to impose that condition on e tensions which add bedrooms and therefore increase the need for more parking spaces.  There is also one example near us where the parking layout approved was not built, meaning cars had to reverse on or off the drive.  The Parish Council raised it with planning enforcement but they refused to do anything.