Sarah Beeny's new house in the country

ProDave

Like Grand designs, in sloooooooooooow motion.

That's the whole first episode, they have started to dig a pond, they have drawn a few plans, and only just applied for planning permission.

Gosh this is going to be tedious?

• Like 1

Yes second episode and they still don't actually have their planning permission.

However it did raise an interesting planning conundrum (not that the program discussed this, this is just my opinion)

They bought the site with planning, and the foundations in place, so the development has started and is not therefore time limited.

They don't want to build the house where the existing planning is, but instead want to build it in a different field.  Sounds simple?

But since planning has been granted and already started, they cannot simply ammend the planning to change it's location?  Surely they would now have to grant the planning in the other field in addition to the first?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ProDave said:

Yes second episode and they still don't actually have their planning permission.

However it did raise an interesting planning conundrum (not that the program discussed this, this is just my opinion)

They bought the site with planning, and the foundations in place, so the development has started and is not therefore time limited.

They don't want to build the house where the existing planning is, but instead want to build it in a different field.  Sounds simple?

But since planning has been granted and already started, they cannot simply ammend the planning to change it's location?  Surely they would now have to grant the planning in the other field in addition to the first?

Silly Sarah , use to be the hot Beeny babe . Now she has more grout stuffed in her face than my bathroom 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. The things that must go on in your head. ? We could make the contents into a film. But who would play the part of your inner thoughts ?

Now that is a taxing question. Who would 'play' my inner thoughts??????........ ?

56 minutes ago, pocster said:

Now that is a taxing question. Who would 'play' my inner thoughts??????........ ?

Pocster. "What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark ?"    Now thats a quote from a song, and i believe they could have nailed it. I'll give a tenner to the dogs trust if you can name the song, the Artist, and who it was written by. Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. "What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark ?"    Now thats a quote from a song, and i believe they could have nailed it. I'll give a tenner to the dogs trust if you can name the song, the Artist, and who it was written by. Jimbo

One by Harry styles ?

4 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Veronica elvis Costello . Didn’t use google honest ! You owe me a tenner as I am just about to open a dogs home .

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Peter Sarstedt was my first thought...more the "when you're alone in your bed" line...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the last episode - they are digigng out the foundations but the field is so wet, the dumpers are getting stuck.  Didnt it occur to them to dig out the drive first and lay hardcore - or even lay some matting - there must be something they could use!  They do seem rather useless and not a lot happens in any episode. 

• Like 3