Sarah Beeny's new house in the country

ProDave

On 19/11/2020 at 15:56, Big Jimbo said:

What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark

I saw in play at the Nags Head pub, High Wycombe, in 1977.

Knew he was good then, Declan Patrick MacManus.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1

That's one massive area they have excavated around the area of the house.  And it all suddenly seems to have dried up.  I was looking forward to the concrete lorries getting bogged in the mud.

And when they had that "bathroom in a trailer" for their trial glamping site, can someone explain to me where the contents of the flush toilet and the bath drained to?

• Like 1

Which brings me back to which property show is actually any good for the likes of us 'seasoned' self builders?

Pre build, were fascinated by Grand Designs and glossy copies of Homebuilding magazine and trips to the NEC shows.

Post build I struggle to watch any of them without shouting at the telly about airtightness, insulation and the like.

The only shows I can vaguely tolerate are George Clarke (really his small homes series vs the current ugly nonsense) and Your Home Made Perfect with the VR headsets and the Belfast architect / new age shamen who is on a mission to introduce wall to wall benches in every house on the planet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

Post build I struggle to watch any of them without shouting at the telly about airtightness, insulation and the like.

?

I shout when they go 300k over budget and act like it doesn’t matter even though the plan was to be mortgage free . Other shouty moments are when the client lets the architect run riot with their money . A eco green , curved , glass , no joint the same roof for 100k - or a ‘normal’ roof for 20k.

Client needs to remind architect who’s piggy bank they are emptying .

Edited by pocster

24 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

Do professional chefs yell at Masterchef? I need to know.

Some of us do, others think it is wonderful.

Some chef's also think that Gordon Ramsay is a good bloke and has a great management style.

I don't have a TV but sometimes catch glimpses of it at the end of the night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 09:33, Bitpipe said:

Pre build, were fascinated by Grand Designs and glossy copies of Homebuilding magazine and trips to the NEC shows.

Haha... I wonder how many of us are doing exactly this! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...