Newbie from S Yorks

Nettmar

Hello......

We have just had plans approved to demolish a bungalow and replace with a 4 bedroomed house 260 m2 in Derbyshire. We are looking to build a highly insulated TF and are currently comparing quotes from 3 suppliers. We are both recently retired and are both excited but aprehensive about our forthcoming project. Its always been our dream to build our own home so when an ideal plot came available and within our budget we bought it & hopefully it will be a decisssion we wont regret! Time will tell!

In light of not being able to do much else I have spent a lot of time on this forum (thank you!) which has given me hope that we will be able to do this. My husband has project managed many mulit million pound projects in his career in the Power industry so I keep telling him this 'should' be a walk in the park. There's one difference.......this is our money we're spending!

My first question of many......can anyone give advice on their experience on MHVR systems. Who are the top three equipment suppliers for the main unit?

Welcome! My parents live in Derbyshire and I grew up there. Lovely part of the world. I wish you well with your build. 
we are coming out the other end of our build. Also a TF.  To answer your specific question we have a Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic High Flow. Installed ourselves with basic DIY skills and asking lots of questions and reading this forum. Just tested it and it’s working well. Got all the kit from BCP ventilation. Worth getting a quote from them. They sell other units too. And are a source of information too. Our price included the design which we were grateful for as newbies to MVHR.  They’ll spec a unit for the house size.