Hidden door

Mandana

I did One in a clients f-off masssive house. It was in a bookcase, and led into a panic room with comms etc. That was about 20 years ago, and was proper Scooby Do. The best secret escape i ever saw was a pair of robe doors from a clients bedroom, into a secret staircase, that went down to behind the panelled walls in the entrance hall.

• 2 years later...

Hi, 
Have you managed to find a good contractor?
I'm also looking for a similar Murphy door. I've got a recommendation from my friends to use Secret Passage (www.secretpassage.co.uk). First, however, I wanted to check if this is something I can do myself.
Could you please share the pictures of your finished project? Is it something DIY carpentry enthusiasts can do? What kind of hinges did you use?

Thanks!

On 22/05/2023 at 08:59, SolidState said:

Hi, 
Have you managed to find a good contractor?
I'm also looking for a similar Murphy door. I've got a recommendation from my friends to use Secret Passage (www.secretpassage.co.uk). First, however, I wanted to check if this is something I can do myself.
Could you please share the pictures of your finished project? Is it something DIY carpentry enthusiasts can do? What kind of hinges did you use?

Thanks!

Hi

Yes, we found a contractor to make the Murphy door for us. He built it from scratch. 
Photos below. 

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

IMG_3721.jpeg

IMG_3719.jpeg

• Like 5

Absolutely brilliant and makes so much sense in the wasted space of some doorways. I wonder if you could somehow make a fire door version. Storage in the utility room and then access to the garage. 

Edited by j_s
  • Like 1