Shower tray and enclosure recommendations

Cpd

I am needing to replace a bath with a shower at parents house, the existing plumbing is bad as the waste cannot be any lower than it is which is a couple of inches of the floor..... this means that the shower tray will need to be raised of the ground on a plinth. The layout of the bathroom suggests that the best shower will be a 900 x 1200 quadrant design. I had narrowed my search down to a CORAM tray and glass surround (I have used them before) but there is a supply issue and it looks like at least 3 weeks until they are restocked. I like the Coram tray as it has two big upstands at the back that I can bring my wall boards down over and  adjusting feet that gets me above the waste, it’s a known product for me as I fitted one in my cabin a few years ago and it’s still going strong. I am sure there are loads of people on here who have fitted showers and I was looking for a brand recommendation for a tray and surround. The big issue is the tray as it needs to be raised and i don’t want something really heavy as I would have to rip up the floors and add supports etc. Anyway I am trawling the web and will go into various builders merchants but if someone knew a solution / combination that was readily available and could RECOMMEND it that would be reassuring. Thanks cpd.  

the picture is random but it is what I am looking for BUT with a raised tray and a know recommended brand. 

15AB17F1-1AC0-4CD2-A02B-94D09A4D3E47.jpeg

I bought a heavy stone resin tray from these guys, (they do other, lighter materials too) they were helpful to deal with, had to order via a stockist where there was a wide range of prices for exactly the same product (ended up cheapest via Travis Perkins) 

They have quite a few options for offset quadrant at 1200x900. And you can get "easy plumb kit" that lifts the tray as you're describing you need.

Also anti slip trays that may be good for older people. 

https://www.mx-group.com/products/shower-trays

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 1

I installed a raised matki shower tray and enclosure 15 years ago, all good, still all good- it has upstands which are a must for me.

matki supplied extra door seals a few years ago, so good to see a product still supported.

I’ve recently added a new shower tray , electric shower and door all from Mira.

Edited by TonyT
Additional info
  • Like 1

Personally I would build an "over engineered" timber platform with a 18mm ply top upon which you sit any stone resin tray. Or if on a masonry floor make it out of dense blocks.

I have used a couple of the proper manufacturers leg systems before and they never feel as study.

58 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

I have used a couple of the proper manufacturers leg systems before and they never feel as study.

Totally get this, I have used the leg ones but built a timber frame under it as well........ kind of misses the point I know ?‍♂️

I just did not want to spend £1000 of my dads money on shower tray, mixer shower, wall board and shower surround to then have some shite door that did not open...... hence the reason I was looking for recommendations.

I really like using the trays with up stands where the wall board is going to be used as this is what I have used before and am happy with the results, I would not be confident using a tray without them ! 

I will look into what people have suggested 

thanks