Add Extra Manifold to UFH System.

Cbuzz

Hi Everyone, hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on the best approach to fitting UFH into my extension.

Current setup:

Dimplex ASHP

Dimplex Cylinder in 1st floor landing cupboard

Radiators 1st floor 

UFH ground floor

Pump and valves (one for rads and one for UFH)  in cylinder cupboard.

Manifold downstairs which supplies house with UFH.

I'm having a kitchen extension and half of the kitchen will be heated by the existing underfloor and I would also like the new half to be heated by underfloor.

What would be the easiest way to install underfloor in the new part of the kitchen extension? Can I just add a manifold into the system by tapping off the flow and return  upstairs in the cupboard after the valves? in effect just extending the system?

Or would I buy a complete single room kit?

Just to add, despite the existing manifold being 5 port the whole downstairs is all controlled from one thermostat so am happy to keep it like this. Routing cables back to the manifold isn't possible due to having to dig up the floor.

I have attached pictures of the current setup if that helps.

Hoping somebody can help.

Thanks

Craig

69eb051e-cb6c-4cf8-89f7-33dd35e718aa.JPG

IMG_3746.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

It looks like those are pretty standard eurocone connectors on the existing UFH pipes. Are they actuators or just flow controllers on the existing manifold. ..?

I would be inclined to just change the manifold for a new one, add a six or seven port manifold and add one or two more circuits for the extension. 

Looking at the way that is piped, I’m assuming it’s the ASHP pump that is circulating the hot water directly...?

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response. I think they are just flow controllers on the existing manifold.

The problem with adding a bigger manifold is routing the pipes to the extension. It would involve digging up the existing flooring (and underfloor) in order to voting them.

Yes the ASHP is circulating the hot water directly I believe.

Thanks