Mitsubishi - Delays

Sooo, we ordered our ASHP/contracts signed and deposits paid weeks ago and are going down the RHI route for an 11KW Mitsubishi. We have the Gledhill 400litre tank and some other bits and bobs which arrived today. 

Seems we have a hiccup in that apparently there are major delays with Mitsubishi and it's going to be next year until they get any. Our plumber reports he was told apparently anyone who ordered before 1 September will get them in a few weeks but otherwise it's Jan/Feb. He has a very unhappy customer who ordered on 6 Sept who has been waiting weeks to now be told it's next year. Apparently Alto energy are going to send through an updated spec with an alternative to Mitsubishi - our plumber said it's a more expensive ASHP but they would be footing the extra cost. I'm waiting for the details but is anyone else finding delays with Mitsubishi products? 

I rarely hear any other ASHP brand mentioned on here so I'm not sure yet what the alternative is but I presume there are only certain brands of ASHP that are eligible for the RHI so it will be one of these. Any brands we should be aware of not using?

There were some big delays with Daikin ASHPs a couple of years ago (a colleague was waiting on one having ordered it and paid upfront). Just make sure that you’re not switching one delay for another. Daikin are a pretty big player in the market I believe. 

We had what I was told was the only 8.5kW ecodan available in the country supplied & fitted this week. It was a replacement for a 7 year old unit that failed at the start of August, ordered on 10/8. I believe there are production problems with their new model. 
Our fallback was to swap to a Daikin unit, in out case it was significantly more expensive as it would have needed both external & internal boxes changing whereas the ecodan was a straight swap of the fan unit. 

2 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Screenshot_2020-11-03-11-34-10-599_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9960235d3cc85e38f54fd4ec8327b399.jpgOk to replace the Mitsubishi 11Kw we have now had an update that we will have a Samsung AE120. Any advice on this? We already have the Gledhill tank 400l as suggested to have a large tank for the solar immersion (Solic200).

Anyone have any advice on Samsung ASHPS?

@PeterW you mentioned Samsung are fine. I'm guessing they are much of the same for the big names. We had paid for the Mitsubishi 11kw one, apparently this is a little more but they are footing the extra cost. Any particular concerns I should have about the change to Samsung?