Backhoe loader/180 Excavator Training.

BogBeast

10 minutes ago, BogBeast said:

?

Don't have kids, but will be sure to find some to take... 

In that case go on your own. Maybe take the other half so as not to look like the sad, slightly suspect loner in the anorak...

709181198_AngelosEpithemiou.thumb.jpg.82dd92a7bd1e940db68984d1cd9a08c5.jpg

1 hour ago, BogBeast said:

but I have another 3 acres imageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cof literally hundreds of similar trees and brush that I want to clear/landscape.

beware

you can only remove scrub/trees that are less than 100mm dia @1.3m measured from ground 

anything larger than that you need a felling license  as it is classed as a tree -- even in your garden  now 

speak to forestry commission   --£1500 fine for not getting  one AND they  can make you replant 

27 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

beware

you can only remove scrub/trees that are less than 100mm dia @1.3m measured from ground

anything larger than that you need a felling license as it is classed as a tree -- even in your garden now

speak to forestry commission --£1500 fine for not getting one AND they can make you replant

Ok many thanks, I will speak to them

This from the woodland trust 

If the tree does not have a TPO and is not in a Conservation Area then you do not require permission to fell a tree if it is in your garden. 

I think you only need permission if you fell lots of trees, best to research this further. I have removed several large trees on my land and did not seek permission.

8 hours ago, joe90 said:

This from the woodland trust 

If the tree does not have a TPO and is not in a Conservation Area then you do not require permission to fell a tree if it is in your garden. 

I think you only need permission if you fell lots of trees, best to research this further. I have removed several large trees on my land and did not seek permission.

you do if its not  a garden within a defined boundary

and as i found they changed the law last years sop even an old garden of a refurbishment project has to be  cultivated area to be classed as garden --

left to do its own thing for 20years + makes it not cultivated --so not a garden in their eyes

its the definition of a garden --and 3 acres of ground will not be classed as your garden --only if the planning application shows it as being within the curtilage of your house 

which must have a defined boundary --like walls 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

All the trees you dropped were 99mm diameter unless they can prove otherwise (burn it all!).

and that would mean removing every stump and burning it too --cos they will know by looking at stumps how big they were 

I cannot say for england but in scotland they redrew the maps making virtually any scrubby bit of ground classed as natural or historic woodland --and can claim your ground has gone back to nature 

they did this on my quarry ground and i should not have even cleared the old roads without permission +planning from council 

even FC have to get planning consent to make roads in their own woodland since last year  and have had to get quarry planning for any small ones they make inthe eoods to get hard core for roads --and i an extraction permit as well for the stone

so just putting a road around your scrub land could need planning ?

6 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

how would they get access to your land to check it ? In England at least a warrant is needed to gain entry.

its called google earth satellite--latest one for my quarry etc  shows my car and dumper aand all my new cleared old roads etc---and they get the pictures with sane resolution as military --not what we get for free --planning also use that to look at sites to see whats been going on

2 sorts of felling permits 

clear felling -which will usually have a replanting requirement --that does not have to be in same place or even same type of tree-

and a thinning permit which allows for up to 40% to be cleared and no replanting required 

both of these need an approved plan from a the forestry man 

then the last thing you can do is you are allowed to take up to 5cum of wood per calendar 1/4 for your OWN use  for ever .

good luck on working out that number on a broad leaf tree- pines are easy  ones with big branchs to as easy 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

That’s the felling licence rules for woodland in
Scotland, the measurements in England and Wales are 80mm at 1.5m for felling, and 75mm

for a TPO .. confused yet..?

however from the regulations there is this :

In any calendar quarter you may fell up to
5 cubic metres (m3) of growing trees on your property without a felling licence, as long as no more than 2m3 are sold.
The volume of timber is assessed by measuring the amount of wood in the main tree stem(s) where this is greater than 8cm in diameter over bark. For large broadleaved trees, this includes major branches.

What you cannot do though is systematically clear a while area under this ruling - quarter by quarter - so be sure that the 3 acres you have @BogBeast is classed as garden not woodland. 

• 2 months later...

After a bit of stop and start I managed to get down to Diggerworld before Xmas and spent good few hours on a JCB 3cx and a Komatsu 22 ton 360.

2020-12-16.thumb.jpg.ac975ef1df87ce6a1f7a70b946b4c598.jpgPXL_20201216_143210744.thumb.jpg.3301bda51cc89726087f6a88f88d40ac.jpg

Very enjoyable and worthwhile, got to ask lots of questions and gained some insight.

Very helpful bunch

• Like 1

On 19/01/2021 at 18:59, Iceverge said:

Ace.

When's the komatsu being delivered to site??

Tempting to rent something that big. It would make very short work of the holes I have to dig. I suspect I would have my basement dug in less than a day... Not sure I coud hire one of those by the day...