Bora Hobs

Morning. I’ve seen a couple of mentions about the Bora Pure X induction hobs with recirculating extractor. 

We’ve been in touch with Building Control to see if the MVHR would be sufficient extraction, but it may be slightly too far away. 

Our MVHR guy says we really shouldn’t extract fat into the system, but we never use oil (at all), so that’s not an issue. 

What we can’t find out are prices. Can anyone tell me what the cost is for them Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Mandana said:

We’ve been in touch with Building Control to see if the MVHR would be sufficient extraction, but it may be slightly too far away. 

A whole room extract rate is fine if the extract is not over the hob. It is not a requirement to have an extractor ..! Table 5.1A of Part F is what you need to refer to. 13 l/s for continuous extraction from a kitchen is what is required. 

When you are looking at intermittent extract then it has to be at the correct rates of 30/60 l/s depending on whether it is over the hob or not. 

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

A whole room extract rate is fine if the extract is not over the hob. It is not a requirement to have an extractor ..! Table 5.1A of Part F is what you need to refer to. 13 l/s for continuous extraction from a kitchen is what is required. 

When you are looking at intermittent extract then it has to be at the correct rates of 30/60 l/s depending on whether it is over the hob or not. 

Thank you Peter. I’ll pass that info on. 

In the meantime, do you know anything about the Bora hob?

5 hours ago, Mandana said:

Thank you Peter. I’ll pass that info on. 

In the meantime, do you know anything about the Bora hob?

We are looking to have a similar set up to yours.  Our extract in the kitchen will be close to the hob but no directly over it.  The extract point in the kitchen will have a grease filter set up to prevent any grease from getting into the system.  We are also have a Bora re-circ hob fitted too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 11:11, Mandana said:

Morning. I’ve seen a couple of mentions about the Bora Pure X induction hobs with recirculating extractor. 

Our MVHR guy says we really shouldn’t extract fat into the system, but we never use oil (at all), so that’s not an issue. 

What we can’t find out are prices. Can anyone tell me what the cost is for them Thanks! 

Pure X recirculating is £2720 + VAT, and Pure is £1890 + VAT.

All Bora range is going up in price as of Jan, and the above will be £2990 + VAT, and £2180 + VAT. Date of your order will secure a price, i.e. although not deliverable until March, you can benefit from 2020 prices if paid before end of December 2020 :)

Oh, and they come with filters, etc so you would not be venting fats back into the MVHR system. Naturally, if you only want to use MVHR to vent the cooking, then perhaps that is not a good idea, and would (almost certainly) not pass Building Regs.

Edited by BartW

40 minutes ago, BartW said:

Naturally, if you only want to use MVHR to vent the cooking, then perhaps that is not a good idea, and would (almost certainly) not pass Building Regs.

I don't quite understand this. A recirculating hood isn't ventilation, it's merely filtering the air. It only applies to the hob, steam and airborne fats will also be present from the oven, microwave etc and these can only be ventilated via the MVHR system. So it has to be acceptable to regs?

We've already had 3 run ins with building regs not understanding elements of modern efficient building design (clearly it's not a popular option over there in impoverished St Albans ?) so I'm eagerly awaiting this next conversation. 

(We have Bora Pure to be installed, and MVHR extract over the kitchen sink. We bought the hob a bit early to avoid the price increase @BartW mentioned)

Edited by joth

9 hours ago, BartW said:

Pure X recirculating is £2720 + VAT, and Pure is £1890 + VAT.

All Bora range is going up in price as of Jan, and the above will be £2990 + VAT, and £2180 + VAT. Date of your order will secure a price, i.e. although not deliverable until March, you can benefit from 2020 prices if paid before end of December 2020 :)

Oh, and they come with filters, etc so you would not be venting fats back into the MVHR system. Naturally, if you only want to use MVHR to vent the cooking, then perhaps that is not a good idea, and would (almost certainly) not pass Building Regs.

Thanks for all the info @BartW

Please can you tell me the differences between the Pure and the X Pure. Is it just the X Pure you can move pans around or are there more features? The X Pure

looks like it doesn’t have the pan crosses visible. Anything else?

2 minutes ago, Mandana said:

Thanks for all the info @BartW

Please can you tell me the differences between the Pure and the X Pure. Is it just the X Pure you can move pans around or are there more features? The X Pure

looks like it doesn’t have the pan crosses visible. Anything else?

Yes, X is the surface induction, so a massive continuous surface able to heat wherever you put the pan, whereas the standard Pure has 4 individual zones.

4 minutes ago, BartW said:

Yes, X is the surface induction, so a massive continuous surface able to heat wherever you put the pan, whereas the standard Pure has 4 individual zones.

Thank you!

Will we regret going for the Pure over the X?? ? Decisions!! ?