Rehau Geneo Door Leaking

mfmcdonagh

I doubt you can.

We have the same with an inward opening Rationel door facing the prevailing wind in the Highlands.  When it's blowing a gale, a small amount of water gets under the bottom seal,  The wind is strong enough to blow the water dripping off the external drip bead back under the bead so it is then 100% relying on the seal to keep the water out, and some gets in, not very much.  I think it might not actually be getting past the seal, but because water has been blown under, it sits on the seal, waiting to get in as you open the door.

We have learned when it's windy, have a cloth handy when you open that door to mop up the few drips that come in,.

Compare that to the old doors with no seals that were standard in most old houses it would have leaked like a sieve in that exposed position.

We have an inward opening Rehau Geneo porch door which is under a verandah but if it is very windy and wet we still get a small amount of water creep in. It's exactly as Dave says I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

It’s basic air pressure and it amazes me these companies don’t think of it. 

if you’ve 30-70 mph winds against a wee Weep hole, the water is never going to drain: the positive pressure will just act as a plug.  

We have same issue with a timber back-door and a modern slider. If you can protect the weep holes (decking/patio/trim) could solve problem. 

In our old place we had a composite door, where a trim went over the weep holes and the water ran down back of trim and then away. Never leaked. Was a great design.