Door Threshold Airtightness Seal

LA3222

What did everyone else do with regards to sealing the bottom of the door for airtightness? I am currently taping all the windows and doors to the surrounding frame which is easy enough, just pondering whether people do the same thing for the door threshold? I have this detail from Rationel which suggests not to tape but seal via another means:Screenshot_20201030-070718_Drive.thumb.jpg.353ba2f8fca4a7166d29e35b204bab11.jpg

Edited by LA3222

14 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Tape, liquid, doesn’t really matter as long as it’s sealed and air and water tight. 

ILLBRUCK air sealing stuff is probably the toughest stickiest thing I have ever found, I have gone through about 12 tubes now sealing every nook I can find. 

I'll second Illbruck - following the i3 system and using their compriband, foam and tape. Just the door threshold im scratching my head at a bit, as it goes back in under itself slightly, I may just fill that gap with the illbruck silicon I have so that I have a square edge to run the tape down and then tape to floor in the same way that the windows are taped to the reveals.

@LA3222 have a look at illbruck site, you don’t want silicon you want the air seal liquid in the tinfoil tubes I think the code is 925, 

its a black/ blue paste the thickness of runny custard you squirt it in with the gun and then use a paintbrush to smooth out. 

Buy a box of 12 I bet you will find a million places to use it. 

45 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

@LA3222 have a look at illbruck site, you don’t want silicon you want the air seal liquid in the tinfoil tubes I think the code is 925, 

its a black/ blue paste the thickness of runny custard you squirt it in with the gun and then use a paintbrush to smooth out. 

Buy a box of 12 I bet you will find a million places to use it. 

That's the stuff I have bud ? I got 3 tubes to do the window/door fixing brackets with so I should have enough to do under the door/floor junctions too.

On another note, if anyone else looks at the i3 system and buys the spray primer get the tinned stuff instead. The spray cans go in no time at all and are around a tenner each, I got the canned version (pretty sure its same stuff) for four quid each and lasting longer. Just a bit more work as jave to apply it with a paint brush.