Basement extension help

rooogers

Hi,

I am currently working on a basement extension in my 1890s terraced house. There was an existing basement to the rear under the dining room but I am extending towards the front under the living room. My question is about removing sleeper walls under the living room. 

A structural engineer has seen the existing basement and was happy that the first wall could be removed and a wooden support be put into the party wall and across as the joists above only support the floor and is not structural. Having taken this wall down as advised and new support put in I am faced with two sleeper walls going towards the front.

Can I remove these and replicate the wooden support as the first OR as they are sleepers do the supports need to be steel? 

The living room, dining room above has no supporting walls internally. 

The pictures are of the first sleeper I came to and would like to support, remove, replace with wooden beam into party wall either side.

IMG_20201028_094543.jpg

IMG_20201028_094529.jpg

Thanks for replies, yes it's all very dry even the chat and chalk further down which is lucky. 

The engineer misheard me in the drawings and thought I only wanted to go as far as the first sleeper but I want to go past it and the next.

Ok will go back to him