zoothorn

ipad air issue.

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, daiking said:


Are you watching YouTube in the safari browser?

 

Have you tried to watch it in a private browsing safari page? 
 

If not can you try it and see if it happens the same?

Edited by zoothorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoothorn said:


I feel ordered to reply with that Scary face looking at me..
 

no ive no idea about any account, and i dont know exactly whose name its running in pls dont fire the cork thingy at me..

 

 


if you go to settings, what does it say?

B2BD34C5-FA95-43BE-9639-7C11E71D2EA7.jpeg

Edited by daiking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, daiking said:


Are you watching YouTube in the safari browser?

 

Have you tried to watch it in a private browsing safari page? 
 

If not can you try it and see if it happens the same?


Yes youtube in safari browser. 

 

No, I don't quite understand What you mean by private .. page.

 

thx zh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zoothorn said:

@daiking it says 'pls sign into your ipad'.


Ok so there’s no one logged in and by the sounds of it, you don’t have an Apple account. I think if you go to sign in it will give you an option to create an Apple ID which will at least allow you to manage the iPad.
 

Have you put anything on there yet you don’t want to lose?

 

Have you set up the email client or anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@daiking ..then if i click on this, it says 'sign in with your apple id' .

 

Ive no idea what this means / what it is,  how to do, or implications of it are, etc.. especially regarding the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to first problem, forget the Apple ID thing. In safari, too right click on the icon I’m showing below.

 

Then select “Private” then click + for a new page. The browser address bar should be black. Go to YouTube and try the video again on this page.

CB0F6D1E-FB2D-48CA-9F3A-5E71AC57A44C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daiking said:


Ok so there’s no one logged in and by the sounds of it, you don’t have an Apple account. I think if you go to sign in it will give you an option to create an Apple ID which will at least allow you to manage the iPad.
 

Have you put anything on there yet you don’t want to lose?

 

Have you set up the email client or anything?


 

No i dont have an apple account. Nothing on it yet to worry losing.
 

An email client.. defo not, ive no clue what this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daiking said:

Back to first problem, forget the Apple ID thing. In safari, too right click on the icon I’m showing below.

 

Then select “Private” then click + for a new page. The browser address bar should be black. Go to YouTube and try the video again on this page.

CB0F6D1E-FB2D-48CA-9F3A-5E71AC57A44C.jpeg


I see the symbol, click and this page goes smaller with black around it. If i click + i just seem to add a new tab next to this page.. nothing suugests anything private has opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zoothorn said:


 

No i dont have an apple account. Nothing on it yet to worry losing.
 

An email client.. defo not, ive no clue what this is.


something to do tomorrow 😆

 

Do you have a google account? Gmail? Android smartphone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, daiking said:


something to do tomorrow 😆

 

Do you have a google account? Gmail? Android smartphone?

5 minutes ago, daiking said:


something to do tomorrow 😆

 

Do you have a google account? Gmail? Android smartphone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, daiking said:


something to do tomorrow 😆

 

Do you have a google account? Gmail? Android smartphone?


right then.. back on board. Bloodythings. Ok done your privates mode, and my doc playing in its own private whatnot.

 

i have even managed to get this Bh page open again on other original page.. so i can hear my doc playing.. er somewhere and seems so far, to be without stopping🙂

 

Of the 3 things you ask.. no, none. 
 

thx zoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zoothorn said:


right then.. back on board. Bloodythings. Ok done your privates mode, and my doc playing in its own private whatnot.

 

i have even managed to get this Bh page open again on other original page.. so i can hear my doc playing.. er somewhere and seems so far, to be without stopping🙂

 

Of the 3 things you ask.. no, none. 
 

thx zoot


 the google thing is ok, I was trying to gauge what you did have. Not a lot by the sounds of it. 
 

Did the YouTube video work ok in the private window? Plain yes or no?

Edited by daiking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@daiking i think its better and thanks alot ; tho i just had my doc playing behind audibly during my reply above, but now i dip out of it back to this window (just as i did before and it just continued to play) and This time it stops simultaneously, i dip back to it and there's no dreaded buffering, its just frozen, not even the pause btn on. But it does then just start by itself.. so that's fine. A bit odd.

 

So what has this way to use it proved exactly i wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, daiking said:


 the google thing is ok, I was trying to gauge what you did have. Not a lot by the sounds of it. 
 

Did the YouTube video work ok in the private window? Plain yes or no?


Yes. But just slightly differently during my bloodythings reply, to how its playing right now. No big deal tho. No dreaded buffering.

 

So just a q of getting used to doing it this way. Much appreciated daiking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the youtube doc i was watching (and so enthused to get running right, as its 1 of a 6 part series, and possibly the best doc ive ever seen) is this wonderful, comprehensive, totally absorbing one on Easter Island. (Makes the history channel look a joke)..

 

"6. Easter Island - Where Giants Walked"

 

I cant do copy paste on it yet!


cheers zh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zoothorn said:

@daiking i think its better and thanks alot ; tho i just had my doc playing behind audibly during my reply above, but now i dip out of it back to this window (just as i did before and it just continued to play) and This time it stops simultaneously, i dip back to it and there's no dreaded buffering, its just frozen, not even the pause btn on. But it does then just start by itself.. so that's fine. A bit odd.

 

So what has this way to use it proved exactly i wonder?


If you read the blurb on the blank private browsing page, it’s telling you that private browsing is like using a blank slate every time you access a page and it doesn’t remember any info afterwards. That it works this way tells us there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with safari or the iPad. Just that there something in the information it has stored that is causing a temporary conflict when you access YouTube. You should try clearing the cookies to see if that helps use YouTube on the normal safari page.

 

i would suggest you create an Apple ID at some point soon as this will allow you to use the iPad properly. You’ll likely want to install other apps and at the very least you will need to update the apps you have and the operating system in due course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a similar issue with safari on my iPhone when using Twitter. Doesn’t happen for weeks, then every couple of days it won’t load Twitter unless I use a private browser. Then after a day or so normal safari works. Like Zoo here I should probably be using the relevant app instead of a browser. I don’t “fix” the problem because it’s annoying to lose the browsing history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zoothorn said:


I feel ordered to reply with that Scary face looking at me..
 

no ive no idea about any account, and i dont know exactly whose name its running in pls dont fire the cork thingy at me..

 

 

Just take it to an Apple store ffs !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pocster said:

Just take it to an Apple store ffs !

Best advice yet. Take it into an apple store and see if they will give you your money back and go and buy a good Android tablet!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Best advice yet. Take it into an apple store and see if they will give you your money back and go and buy a good Android tablet!!!

But then when there’s a problem he can’t take it to an Android store ! 🙄😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pocster said:

Just take it to an Apple store ffs !

 

Better still find a wobbly table. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Onoff said:

 

Better still find a wobbly table. 

But then we will have to establish which leg to put it under 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daiking said:


If you read the blurb on the blank private browsing page, it’s telling you that private browsing is like using a blank slate every time you access a page and it doesn’t remember any info afterwards. That it works this way tells us there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with safari or the iPad. Just that there something in the information it has stored that is causing a temporary conflict when you access YouTube. You should try clearing the cookies to see if that helps use YouTube on the normal safari page.

 

i would suggest you create an Apple ID at some point soon as this will allow you to use the iPad properly. You’ll likely want to install other apps and at the very least you will need to update the apps you have and the operating system in due course.

 

Hi daiking, ok kapiche the 1st para (I didn't see any blurb to read but will find it).. up to 'clearing cookies'.

 

If I'm happy using like this in a private window, and I presume I'm using ipad properly enough if I'm doing all I need to, is there any need for me to create apple ID?  I mean I dont need or want to buy an apps and like my laptop, doesn't it just do it automatically? or you just click 'yes'?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now