ipad air issue.

zoothorn

@ProDave and @Onoff sorry I didn't realise there was an apple store in aber! Im sure an 'essential shop' so bound be open..

wobbly table.. that's pretty obscure/ over my head as intended Im sure.

[sorry ProDave.. I meant to put @Declan52 not you, & I cant undo it!]

Giggle on at me.. no prob admitting I'm a total idiot at new ipads (& wm's) & building stuff compared to y'all.

thx zH

Edited by zoothorn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, zoothorn said:

@daiking trouble at mill.. same thing happening in private mode. Last ev the same few secs youtube doc playing.. then 1min wait as it buffers, impossible to use.

Well... now is probably the time to bite the bullet and register. 

On 31/10/2020 at 04:43, daiking said:

Well... now is probably the time to bite the bullet and register. 

Hi daiking.. easier said than done, I did try, i think someone else suggested going on apple forum to ask, but it needs a mob phone number.. and mine's so old its screen says 'registration failed ' or something, i last used it 2 yrs ago / lives in car for emergencies you see.

On 31/10/2020 at 07:28, Ian said:

Chrome is a much better browser than Safari. About 6 months ago I switched to Chrome on my iPhone after experiencing major problems with Safari and no problems since then.

hi Ian. Ok this makes sense as to a plan of action. But as to actually doing it, without being able to Apple register, Im at a loss.

3 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Hi daiking.. easier said than done, I did try, i think someone else suggested going on apple forum to ask, but it needs a mob phone number.. and mine's so old its screen says 'registration failed ' or something, i last used it 2 yrs ago / lives in car for emergencies you see.

SIM registration has failed then and that phone no longer works. Go to Asda and get an Asda sim and put that in it and register it. 

Just now, PeterW said:

SIM registration has failed then and that phone no longer works. Go to Asda and get an Asda sim and put that in it and register it. 

Hi Peter.

Thats it, sim registration failed. Ah ok.. no asda, tesco maybe.?

8 hours ago, PeterW said:

Was the phone previously on another locked network or did you buy it 2nd hand ..?? Tesco will do, any of them tbh will work as long as the phone is unlocked. 

No Ive had since new, its a nokia 3410 from a long time ago. It has a small sim card in, and i used to buy vigin top up card, so it was on a prepay £10 card thingy till it ran out, buy another etc. Not a monthly affair.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 09:54, PeterW said:

Was the phone previously on another locked network or did you buy it 2nd hand ..?? Tesco will do, any of them tbh will work as long as the phone is unlocked. 

Peter- got my phone sorted, new sim/ great. And @daiking the ipad seems working fine in 'private' mode too, even weak signal from hub (old thick wall behind me in new top room prolly).

Can someone help tho similar thing: I've recorded 2mins of video (just my rotten ASHP motor noise last night) I need to send via email, but try 'attatch' but pop-up says "How do you want to share this file?" then "This file is too large.. try sharing with Onedrive". So I cant attatch it.

Just catching up again with this. Nokia 3410? I remember selling those in 2003(!) when I worked for a Telco ?.

Sort of glad the browser frig is still working but at some stage you will surely need to attach the thing to an Apple ID so that you can update the things you use. 

No idea on the windows thing with email though. 

6 hours ago, zoothorn said:

Peter- got my phone sorted, new sim/ great. And @daiking the ipad seems working fine in 'private' mode too, even weak signal from hub (old thick wall behind me in new top room prolly).

Can someone help tho similar thing: I've recorded 2mins of video (just my rotten ASHP motor noise last night) I need to send via email, but try 'attatch' but pop-up says "How do you want to share this file?" then "This file is too large.. try sharing with Onedrive". So I cant attatch it.

Send it using WeTransfer. It's free. 

https://wetransfer.com/

29 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Your email/their email/add the file(s) up to 2GB. The recipient gets notification and 7 days to download.

Only thing is, its taken over 30mins to transfer only half of the 269mb (a 2min clip on my ipad).. its still running/ is that normal?

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

How fast is your internet? This'll do an upload and download speed test:

https://www.speedtest.net/

3.5.. if I just press 'go'. Im not on board with upload and downloading stuff. I dont know the difference tbh!

At the moment the transfer Im sending myself just got up to 257mb, then has just frozen stuck there, tantalisingly short by 10 mb.

1 minute ago, zoothorn said:

3.5.. if I just press 'go'. Im not on board with upload and downloading stuff. I dont know the difference tbh!

At the moment the transfer Im sending myself just got up to 257mb, then has just frozen stuck there, tantalisingly short by 10 mb.

Give it a bit longer