Quooker Cube - Sparkling Water

We have had delivery of our ex display kitchen, earlier than planned but they couldn't keep it any longer. I was surprised to see that the Quooker tap has a kind of soda stream thingy. A quick google and it is apparently a 'Cube' add on. That was an unpleasant surprise, never noticed it initially. Has anyone had one of these gadgets?

14 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Pleasant or unpleasant ..?? That’s a £1200 add on to a tap, making it £2300 RRP... 

Well pleasant combined with an unpleasant damaged kitchen (see other thread). No idea if it works though as the kitchen was ex display but it was functional when we went as I had a cup of tea out of tap so there may be some minimal use.

I once had a very wealthy client install one of these (not a quooker but same idea) and it caused no end of problems, I'm not sure how much fizzy water a person needs but you could get a few years supply for the cost of the tap without worrying about adjusting the gas all the time...

7 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

I once had a very wealthy client install one of these (not a quooker but same idea) and it caused no end of problems, I'm not sure how much fizzy water a person needs but you could get a few years supply for the cost of the tap without worrying about adjusting the gas all the time...

I don't even like fizzy water anymore,  I think I over did it with the soda stream as a teenager.

41 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I don't even like fizzy water anymore,  I think I over did it with the soda stream as a teenager.

We had a Merri-Mix rather than a Soda Stream. Mate's dad was an engineer at the local Schweppes factory and would bring home gallon cans of the base "syrup". So strong neat that we'd clean up all our loose change. Leave in there too long and the heads and tails would disappear and the dog would get a new tag for his collar. 

Might explain all my fillings too...

Saying that I'm pretty sure plain carbonated water isn't that good for teeth.

We bought our Quooker before the fizzy and filtered water were options. We do love it, no kettle for us. Keep considering a scale filter as I've had to clean out the unit 3 times now. However the cost of the cartridges is eyewatering. Suspect the Co2 for their fizzy water is the same story.