Initial advice from Seepa and Scottish Water?

Planning just approved and Timber Frame company is starting to prepare the Building warrant.

One of the responses from a Consultee at the planning permission stage was "Advice on the disposal of surface water must be sought at the initial stages of design from Scottish Water and the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency."

Can anybody point me in the direction of how to do this? I've hunted there websites for forms etc.  Our site is clay a meter down all over so soakaways not an option but the house we demolished had surface water draining into an existing stream at the bottom of the garden so was hoping to just utilise the existing tile drains that we have found that lead to it but presuming it wont be that simple. We also have mains water and sewage from the existing house that are now being used on our static caravan and we are paying for through our council tax so was presuming that we could just use them.

Our structural engineer isn't wanting to get involved the the suds side of it so do we look for another or is it something that can be done ourselves? There seems to be plenty of free online calculators for surface water run off etc. Enough to say suitable sized Holding tank and piped into stream?

usually the engnieer will consult with SEPA to come to a solution for it, although discharge to a watercourse is generally acceptable to them so can't see what the issue is?

The SEPA local offices are one of the few authorities who are actually straight forward to deal with, is this just a planning condition or is it on the consultees response to your application?

18 hours ago, Bozza said:

Phone your local SEPA office ?  The local offices have direct phone numbers listed on the SEPA website

Couldnt see a direct number for Suds or local development and customer service no help. Have emailed but no response as yet.

16 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

usually the engnieer will consult with SEPA to come to a solution for it, although discharge to a watercourse is generally acceptable to them so can't see what the issue is?

The SEPA local offices are one of the few authorities who are actually straight forward to deal with, is this just a planning condition or is it on the consultees response to your application?

Its not a planning condition just something that was on the consultee response. Im hoping there wont be any issue but want to no if its straight forward and something we can do between ourselves and the architect. If they need the structural engineer to do it then we would be as well finding another as the one we are going to apoint is not willing to do the SUDS side of it. (Due to distance for site visits he says) 

sepa have emailed back saying-

Hello Barry

So for just a single house, technically you do not need SUDS for the surface water drainage.

However we would encourage any form of SUDS in these situations if at all possible.

So in this instance we would offer no objections to your proposals and no SEPA licences are required for this.

Hope this is clear but if you any additional queries please let me know.

Thanks and regards

Bruce Meikle

Environmental Protection Officer

C&B Falkirk Alloa Stirling Perth Team
SEPA Perth - Strathearn House
Broxden Business Park, Lamberkine Drive
PERTH, PH1 1RX
Tel: 01738 448432; Fax: 01738 630997

So I guess I was seeing a possible problem where there was none and we are fine to discharge water into the burn