2040 x 926 Internal Doors

Mandana

1 hour ago, Red Kite said:

The  door sets are more than - all ours are fd 30  that but you need to think about the  ease of fitting . I think we wil do our  own but if we needed to hang the doors  we would need to pay someone to do it 

Thanks. We will talk to our joiner. 

Would love to see your blog if you don’t mind?

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

You will struggle at that level for a decent door in that size. You’ll also need custom linings as they are non standard - budget £60-80 for a joiner made lining to fit those gaps. 

Howdens or magnet don't sell metric linings? I can't believe that sure I've bought them before. 

Trenched for 926 and I would assume 826 on reverse side. Otherwise you would allow chippie extra .5hr to trench. Realistically 10 mins. They also do in fd30

I think op will be struggling at 200 per set depending on finish on doors. Magnet doing the oak belieze atm for 50 quid unfinished in imperial. If you allow 100 for door and lining, 20 for ironmongery that's leaves you with 80 for labour to fit, buy stain/oil then apply

11 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Yep that’s just 3 bits of timber so cost wise they may as well just buy 125x35 and make them up on site as it’s got to be cheaper. Do Magnet do anything that size ...??

Haven’t seen them double trenched on the standard ones - just seem to be singles in Howdens as they sell them in standard sizes. Wasn’t impressed with the quality of the last ones so tend to use ones from MKM. 

On 25/10/2020 at 11:37, Red Kite said:

we have ordered but not yet got delivered doors form TEV doors. They are the Porta doors. Lots of modern styles and mainly door sets . Incredibly helpful team and  make good suggestions for what you could

do to get more standard sizes https://www.tevdoors.co.uk/

Thanks for your recommendation for TEV Doors Red Kite. They asked me who recommended so I told them someone from this forum. Does your first name start with J?! I honestly didn't know to tell them!

Anyhow, we really like their doors and hope they will be able to help us. We're going to make the near 8 hour round trip to go and see them soon. I'll keep you posted! 

1 hour ago, Red Kite said:

Tev did ask us if we had recommended  someone - not sure if J was me - Juliana or my son Jo . We hope the doors are ok  and will

update when they arrive. Great people to work with so far  

It was your son Jo! Gosia is very helpful. Have you been to their showroom? 

On 28/10/2020 at 19:59, Red Kite said:

yes jo went  and then we went a couples of weeks later. WE had good suggestions  from them and it was good to see the  variety of doors on show 

We went to see them yesterday. Love the concept of them. Which style did you go with?

Very helpful couple. Thanks for the recommendation! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 14:26, NickK said:

I really like the concept of TEV doors but do you know how much they come to...roughly?

Sorry @NickK I missed your post previously. 

If you look at TEV Doors’ prices they appear higher than a door from Howdens et al, but when we compared the quote from our builder for supply, fit, door linings, frames, skirtings etc they work out considerably cheaper. 

@Red Kite have you got your Porta Doors yet?

Which ones did you order? We've chosen the Resist with white oak, black inlays and black handles.

A little concerned as we gave our builder a sample of the architrave and anyone thats seen it in his office has commented on it saying it's only MDF and won't last as long as wood. Reckons we'll need to replace the doors and skirting in about 10 years.

I've tried to find reviews of both Porta and TEV online and the ones from Porta are shocking but seems that the complaints are mostly directed at the supplier, not the quality of the door.

Should we be concerned? ?

Hi  the doors for our sons house are due shortly  but not yet arrived.  Ours are scheduled for early new year  think most  modern skirting board is MDF  unless its Oak  but not sure why it wont last unless it gets wet

3 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Hi  the doors for our sons house are due shortly  but not yet arrived.  Ours are scheduled for early new year  think most  modern skirting board is MDF  unless its Oak  but not sure why it wont last unless it gets wet

Hi @Red Kite

Thanks. Wonder if the MDF comments came up thinking of mopping the floor? They reckoned they’d need replacing in 5-10 years ?‍♀️

TEV have gone quiet which is a bit frustrating as we need to make decisions and can’t until we have their quote. 

32 minutes ago, Mandana said:

Thanks. Wonder if the MDF comments came up thinking of mopping the floor? They reckoned they’d need replacing in 5-10 years ?‍♀️

I hope not.

I have just fitted Oak veneered MDF skirting throughout.  Cheaper, will not warp or crack, and available in longer lengths meaning most walls can be done without a joint in the skirting.

• 2 months later...
On 02/12/2020 at 18:02, Red Kite said:

Hello there

Have your doors been fitted yet? Are you happy with them?

Which ones did you get, and are they all single doors or did you go for any pocket doors or Alfa doors at all? 

We are fitting them at the moment !! We had one pocket door  fitted into an Eclise frame  as it was already fitted. That worked  really well . We have a mixture of non FD and fd30  - the fire doors are really heavy !  

Generally the fitting  has been fine- we are not expert carpenters. A couple needed a small trim off the bottom. Hinges and handles  are great. the TEV  team have been very helpful on the phone if we had any questions 

We also got the skirting board to match  from them  it is slightly shorter lengths 2.4 metres . 

door back bedroom.jpeg

IMG_20210209_161438657_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210209_161350242_HDR.jpg

• Like 1