Pipe shrouds

Pocster

3 hours ago, pocster said:

Now I’m sat here thinking if I’ve been a k n o b . Please no-one quote that and answer yes !

Is it possible I had the shroud pipe up the wrong way ? . So the shroud threaded end goes into whatever bolts it to the floor . The non threaded end goes upto the tap - leaving the tap thread free for a connection .

It’s possible . I only looked at them once ...

Erm , amateur error !! maybe ..... ??

Thats what I posted a few days ago ... the image I gave you shows the need for a threaded bottom bracket. 

Ok !

I’m confused !!

Shroud feet no problem 

Shroud has internal thread the other end - which screws directly on the base of the tap .

I can’t work out what’s wrong here - the taps or the shroud .

Can’t see anyway you can get a fitting on the tap and in the shroud ?

EF0D4558-254A-4667-8C5C-8CE897098CCA.jpeg

02EE9419-B8C2-4F5B-BFB7-1A90E9781DBE.jpeg

A7F51531-197E-46D0-A4AB-946EBF1CBFEF.jpeg

7860B744-FE4C-476B-B099-548AD10FA16B.jpeg

4E10A538-6151-4E75-AFA5-8433ECED5F5F.jpeg

941EE7DF-2247-439E-A040-FC389E6F03B8.jpeg

So your "shroud" screws onto the tap and will seal (with ptfe tape?)

What do you see looking into the bottom end of the shroud then?

What is the function of that grub screw I see?  Is that at the top end or the bottom end?

I am still not convinced this is going to look right?  It is still going to be a deck filler mounted onto a couple of poles.  you should have bought a proper floor standing tap, e.g.

bathroom_4.thumb.jpg.fb03e3dd51a34233c09914f5835fe87f.jpg

Wrong way up...

Shroud kit should have come with a top hat that screws onto the tap itself, and then has a groove that lines up with the grub screw. Also in the kit is a connector that you screw onto the bottom of the tap thread - one I’ve seen has a copper tectite sort of push fit for 15mm copper, another was a solder type fitting. 

Got the manufacturer details or the box ..?

16 minutes ago, pocster said:

No f ing way !!! . ??

Yep... that’s why this bit has a join in it ... below there is the fitting you are looking for. 

5D489AB2-A0D9-4E68-8F6F-FF24BAF79C79.thumb.jpeg.da11410c93eab1f2dd422289b8f897a6.jpeg

External threaded bit goes into the floor plates and it all fits together as per the instructions I posted last week ... don’t try and force the grub screw, there should be an Allen key in the box .. 

• Thanks 1

Ok !

Right undid the grub screw - the end comes off but no fittings .

But now the tap can fit in the shroud and presumably also a fitting on the thread . I then assume the grub screw bites into ‘something’ to hold the tap on the shroud .

No instructions with shroud 

FBE6B10E-CE04-4A66-B9CD-3DF780FAD12D.jpeg

043868B5-5838-4AAD-91BF-D776BD7C3F0D.jpeg

7431B6A0-2EFA-48CC-B851-39B1D841C95C.jpeg

Okay, another try.  With that end off, screw the "end" onto the tap.  How much tap thread sticks out the other end? Is there enough thread to get a tap connector on?  And if so will a tap connector fit down inside the tube?

• Thanks 1

@pocster Someone has sold you half a kit. 

Remove ALL the fittings from the bottom of the tap. That’s the nut and the washers, leave the thread clear. 

Then the chrome bit you have released with the removing the grub screw fits tight onto the bottom of the tap. 

This then should have a 3/4” tap connector onto the bottom of the thread of the tap remaining which should allow you to connect a pipe into it which should be part of the kit. If not, you will need something like a 3/4” female to 15mm copper adapter that has a diameter of less than the inside of the shroud. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Okay, another try.  With that end off, screw the "end" onto the tap.  How much tap thread sticks out the other end? Is there enough thread to get a tap connector on?  And if so will a tap connector fit down inside the tube?

That is what should be there in the kit. As per this which I posted last week 853D4D63-1C70-4F35-A345-78E562D38674.thumb.jpeg.9bed701b7271b365dc1cc3c1c1c53713.jpeg

He’s got everything but No.4... 

• Like 1

Standard Hep2O 3/4 pipe connector is 29mm diameter across the points of the nut. 

https://www.wavin.com/en-ie/catalogue/Heating-Cooling/Plumbing-systems/Plumbing-Hep2O-Push-Fit/Hep2O-PB-Straight-Tap-Conn-WT-15x34

@pocster what is the internal diameter of those shrouds ..? Measure across the outer of the fixing the grub screw goes into. 

@PeterW @ProDave

Ok ! I’ve got what you guys mean . Monday I’ll remove all the nuts/washers off the taps . I’ll fit just that end ( grub screw bit ) onto the taps . Then I can see as you’ve said how much diameter I have left for a fitting . Hep20 would be much preferred .

You would of thought they’d supply some instructions with the shroud .

Help much appreciated- getting there !!

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

@PeterW @ProDave

Ok ! I’ve got what you guys mean . Monday I’ll remove all the nuts/washers off the taps . I’ll fit just that end ( grub screw bit ) onto the taps . Then I can see as you’ve said how much diameter I have left for a fitting . Hep20 would be much preferred .

You would of thought they’d supply some instructions with the shroud .

Help much appreciated- getting there !!

This is why I think you’ve got half a set ... 

Just get a couple of these and see if they fit through the shrouds - think they will. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-plastic-push-fit-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x/7367f

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ok !

Right undid the grub screw - the end comes off but no fittings .

But now the tap can fit in the shroud and presumably also a fitting on the thread . I then assume the grub screw bites into ‘something’ to hold the tap on the shroud .

No instructions with shroud 

FBE6B10E-CE04-4A66-B9CD-3DF780FAD12D.jpeg

043868B5-5838-4AAD-91BF-D776BD7C3F0D.jpeg

7431B6A0-2EFA-48CC-B851-39B1D841C95C.jpeg

Looking at my own photo ( not on site ) do I not want a female to hep20 connector that simply screws into this part ( I can see it has an internal thread ) ?

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Looking at my own photo ( not on site ) do I not want a female to hep20 connector that simply screws into this part ( I can see it has an internal thread ) ?

No...

That screws onto the bottom of the tap, and will

go all the way to the top tight under the tap itself leaving a piece of thread that the tap connector screws onto. 

• Thanks 1