Scaffolding costs?

Tennentslager

Thinking of replacing the eves and soffits and new gutters so how much roughly would the scaffolding hire and erection cost 

it’s a standard two storey three bedroom semi 

Dimensions 8m x 6m

Got a flyer through the door offering to strip and replace in upvc for £1295 incl.

For less than £1295 you can get a top notch scaffold tower that should do the job.

Unless perhaps you have a requirement for very long single piece runs.

Edit - I see that the 1295 is the strip / replace cost. A scaff tower should be under £1000. Peter's £30 x 20m is in the same ballpark (ish!).

ATB.

F

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Including a gable end you would need to budget £30/m around here for that. 

Linear meter? So £600?

that being the case I could buy materials for say £200 and DIY it for £800...?

would you replace like for like ie timber and paint or redo it in upvc?

oh and thanks Peter your stock is high on the forum with your wealth of experience and helpful posts

6 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

would you replace like for like ie timber and paint or redo it in upvc?

Is it gable barge boards or a hipped roof ..??

If it was me I would use the Freefoam UPVC and also strip the bottom couple of rows of tiles off and put over soffit vents in and underlay trays. The edges of the underlay have probably had it so trays will keep water out and make sure it ends up in the gutters. 

Box ends are fairly easy to do in one vertical piece if you buy the double ended boards - think they come in 400 and 600mm deep. Looks tidier than using a horizontal joiner. 

There was a decent post by @Onoff on a flush barge board - think that was Eurocell though. 

16 minutes ago, PeterW said:

There was a decent post by @Onoff on a flush barge board - think that was Eurocell though. 

I don't have much experience of upvc tbh. Used some white years ago (10+) from Eurocell then this black stuff just now. Again from Eurocell but imho the quality now is so much better. Denser, cuts like a dream with a sharp handsaw and the black graining effect is excellent. Got a couple of metres left if anyone wants a sample piece. 

(Have considered redoing all the fascias and soffits here in black but for one it's twice the price of white and secondly I want to change the whole roof anyway). 

Swmbo and myself did most of ours - As said its an easy DIY job, just take your time.

As PeterW suggests, we also fitted eaves protectors (cheap and easy to do) 

We used Eurocell, we looked at other suppliers but the quality was not as good.