How much?!

21 minutes ago, Thedreamer said:

I paid £115 + VAT for each panel.

They are

https://www.multipanel.co.uk/products/bathroom-wall-panels/heritage-collection/

That was through a plumber merchants, I think @ProDave also got panels in the Spring/Summer.

Ah Multipanel is a different range than Showerwall. It may be that Multipanel is a bit cheaper but we weren't fussed on any particular designs. May have to rethink that.

Multipanel as per those links is ply core with a hard surface. Just ordered some 600x2400 hydrolock panels from the heritage range and they were £62+VAT. Trims and joins between £6 and £11 +VAT depending on the ones used. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, think we have settled on www.showerwall.co.uk

These are both from the 'concrete' effect range and they are matt and textured which I quite like and with the proclick they shouldn't show the join as much as some of the glossy ones we saw. Has anyone had textured panels?

We have three showers (two walk in ones and one in an alcove with three walls) and I'm down to around £1300 inc vat including Internal Corners, End Caps, Panel Adhesive and Silicone Sealant.

SAVE_20201116_111747.thumb.jpg.71e3ef56ff5f93f1ecf744aba8d66755.jpg

SAVE_20201116_111804.thumb.jpg.bd61dfde9f29dec8189149a9a4670809.jpg

Two of the showers we have settled on Urban Concrete which has sort of textured lines on it. 

IMG_20201116_111231.thumb.jpg.ba38ec48ffc34ab57fdb1813e07a5540.jpg

And one shower in Washed Charcoal (the shower has a smoked glass screen). This again is quite textured.

IMG_20201116_111241.thumb.jpg.8599dcf048232105f701ce5603c8087f.jpg

• Like 1

My only reservation on textured is it holding onto soap/scum, ours are glossy flat and with a “blade” (bit like a windscreen wiper with a handle) its dead easy to remove “water” after a shower and leaves no marks.

9 minutes ago, joe90 said:

My only reservation on textured is it holding onto soap/scum, ours are glossy flat and with a “blade” (bit like a windscreen wiper with a handle) its dead easy to remove “water” after a shower and leaves no marks.

Good point, I've had textured tiles before which have been ok (we are both ocd clean freaks) but it's the grouting that has caused problems.

1 minute ago, canalsiderenovation said:

but it's the grouting that has caused problems.

OH I HATE GROUT, after years of tiles and grout, shower panels are a gift from heaven!! As a builder (small time) I was asked to dig out and renew grout for customers but always turned the work down.

7 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

That looks great!  Love your furniture where was that from?

Pickawood. They are based in Germany but manufacture in eastern Europe.  You design what you want and can specify sizes etc.  It was good for us as I wanted to house a printer, some filing, speakers, vacuum, ironing board etc and I did not want any sockets and cables.  The desktop for the laptop was from someone over here.

It was quite expensive to do but this room gets used a lot.

19 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Pickawood. They are based in Germany but manufacture in eastern Europe.  You design what you want and can specify sizes etc.  It was good for us as I wanted to house a printer, some filing, speakers, vacuum, ironing board etc and I did not want any sockets and cables.  The desktop for the laptop was from someone over here.

It was quite expensive to do but this room gets used a lot.

We have purposely designed our office with sockets at desk height as my other half works with plans and we would need a large desk area and easy access. As a temporary measure my wife's work office is relocating and she has got a large 2.5 metre long desk and two office chairs.

Yours looks very stylish but I could never work in that tidy way, it's paper and post it notes everywhere!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I have got the Urban Concrete in a TV / office / spare bedroom multi function room.  I battened out the wall to run cables behind and had the furniture floating(ish).

P2090062.thumb.JPG.45eb2982772d5914d026bfe69f92f03c.JPG

Is that an Eames side chair, or maybe a Saarinen tulip chair?

(Or fake thereof ? )

Jealous - that's what dad used to have in the 1970s and 1980s.

F

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Jealous - that's what dad used to have in the 1970s and 1980s.

Typical architect!

Ours is a fake, although they probably claim it is "inspired by"...

57 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Yours looks very stylish but I could never work in that tidy way, it's paper and post it notes everywhere!

The picture is my wife's office.  Mine is downstairs and is a lot messier, or more practical as I prefer.

14 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Typical architect!

The picture is my wife's office.  Mine is downstairs and is a lot messier, or more practical as I prefer.

Practical yes. Mine is completely practical (as far as working on a dressing table in a static caravan is)...

4 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Typical architect!

I have no evidence that his weren’t fakes too ?. Certainly I do not have 10k of Eames furniture preserved in my house. Unfortunately.

The seven Guy Rogers chairs and 3 settees were genuine however, though those were collected by dint of having an old oversized slowly restored house with frost inside the windows with unfashionable Guy Rogers furniture bought out of the local rag for a pittance or donated, obtained from people with fashionable overstuffed furniture in their fashionable undersized houses.

Eventually sold for far less than they would now be worth with all the big brown furniture when mum eventually downsized into .. er .. a 4-5 bed fairly well specced dormer bungalow with approximately practical heating. I have 2 chairs and 1 settee left. None of which quite match.

Win some. Lose some. Draw some.

F