Mix and match push fit plumbing...

Crofter

In the last house I went Hep2O throughout, very happy.

This time around, I'm renovating a kitchen and need to shuffle a few things about. I can't get all the fittings I need in Hep20, some are out of stock.

Would it be a disaster to use a JG fitting if necessary? OK so long as I use the matching inserts?

And on the same topic... I'm on a tighter budget this time around... I see Screwfix are selling very cheap 'FloFit' plastic pipe, but they don't sell inserts to go with it. My understanding is that the inserts should match the pipe, rather than the fittings, as it's all about the inside diameter. Starting to think I may be over-thinking all this, worrying over nothing and maybe I can just use any old pipe, fittings, and inserts. But if anybody has a firsthand disaster story, then I won't.

11 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

I would'nt mix them but that is just me.

Wise words. Different systems seal at different points etc.

11 hours ago, Crofter said:

I'm on a tighter budget this time around...

Funny thing water. Pisses out all over the place and ruins your day. 

What's your budget for flood damage? Deep down inside, you already know what the answer is ;) 

• Like 1

Well after a bit of digging around I was able to get everything I needed in Hep2O. £140 on something that I hadn't even budgeted for, hey ho.

It's quite easy to say "oh we'll just move that" when your new kitchen layout means putting the sink on a different wall. Hadn't realised how knackered all the existing plumbing was. A right mixture of copper and unbranded push fit, some of which had been installed without inserts, so a history of slow leaks and a fair bit of damage to the flooring as a result. But the new setup will be much more rational with shorter legs, better falls on the drains, and- fingers crossed- no more leaks.

• Like 2