Modifications to a wooden structure. Which is easier ?

BrianL

I want to have a wood framed carport built at the gable end of the bungalow. Unfortunately the area is not a regular size, it is wider at the front (drive-in) 3.5m and narrower at the back 2.7m.
The diagram of the ground area gives the sizes. Would it be easier to get a 'ready to assemble' structure (ie as in picture) and make the front wider or easier to make the back narrower ? I want the apex roof style so it follows the line of the bungalow roof.
I will NOT be doing the work but using a builder/carpenter to do it.
I know I could have something built from scratch but I think that this would be the expensive option.
Any opinions appreciated.
Cheers

Brian.

208375-20a1a1a8b8f75f43af833cb913f4275e.jpg

208376-1f99d8939af98841f2faf19b22eeceeb.jpg

That timber structure doesn't actually have a roof just a roof frame. If you plan to add one make sure the whole frame is designed for that as the wind and snow loading would be much higher.

Tapered structures are a pain to get right. Joints and details are awkward but do able. the biggest problem is aesthetics and the roof line, especially if hips and/or sloping roof is visible.

Computer models are great but if the visual impact is important then its worth knocking up a temporary structure from timbers and string lines to get an idea how the tapered faces will look.