Fitting shower bar

amavadia

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

No more than the rest of us typing here at this time of night.

Budweiser is my co-pilot.

A rather fetching little Golden Ale number here from the Harper's Brewing Co. in Co. Kildare.

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Stuck in the double tree Hilton at Swindon ATM and relegated to my room with the best of the shite they had to offer.... Out of Bombardier, so Bud it is.

If your down there, you could come up here and design my pipe layout, no time like the present. 

What beer shal shall I get in ?

what time shall I expect you ?

• Haha 1

The key thing I get from this thread is in future ask the forum BEFORE you start a job, then you would have known to get the pipes 150mm, bin the cranked bits, and drill the holes in the tiles slightly over size to give a bit of wriggle room.

If you have access from behind, I would remove the pipes and uses something like a dremmel to grind a bit of tile away to elongate both holes by 3mm so you can get your 150mm spacing.

1 hour ago, pocster said:

How many mistakes can you make before you should give up ? 
Asking for a friend ...

Tell him he reached that trigger point a long time ago but like another idiot close to me just won't give up...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

The key thing I get from this thread is in future ask the forum BEFORE you start a job, then you would have known to get the pipes 150mm, bin the cranked bits, and drill the holes in the tiles slightly over size to give a bit of wriggle room.

If you have access from behind, I would remove the pipes and uses something like a dremmel to grind a bit of tile away to elongate both holes by 3mm so you can get your 150mm spacing.

I used a mounting bracket for both of mine - even easier than the individual brackets.

GROHE Bracket for Exposed Installation for Bar Shower Valves, Chrome, 18153  000

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Bit of thread resurrection but need a sanity check before I go any further.

Got a grohe shower with mixer bar to fit. At the minute I have 15mm hep in the wall. Reading this thread I believe the consensus is to bin the s union's supplied by grohe and to switch out to the fixings shown. 

So in the wall I will stick a 15mm hep elbow on the pipe going to 15mm copper into these bad boys. Anything fundamentally wrong/missed with this plan?

Screenshot_20211009-222641_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, DIYER_straits said:

@LA3222 I know this is quite an old thread now. I just wanted to check if you were successful with your plan as I am in the same situation now.

I did it how I described above, the fittings I have been using are off amazon....I will dig out a link it a bit as I need two more to do my ensuite with.