SIP from Europe?

Hello,

I hope you can advice to my query. 

I've done some research with regards to the SIP panel costs and it turns out that in Eastern Europe they are around 30% cheaper then UK. Many manufacturers do export them to Scandinavian countries.

So my question is, if I want to get some SIPs to the UK would it be accepted by building control? What kind of paperwork/certificates they would require? Or who can I speak to for more guidance on this matter?

Thanks ?

Did the price you were quoted include VAT and whose?

Currently as long as they are from the EU you can reclaim foreign VAT. Next year the VAT rules change. My understanding  is that should not be charged VAT by the seller but will have to pay VAT when they arrive in the UK port. It should still be possible to reclaim that VAT. Its not clear to me what you should pay if you order and pay in 2020 with delivery in 2021. 

There may also be some import duty to pay and a modest customs handling charge. Good luck trying to figure out how much duty is. There is a large government data base but the usual problem is working out which category  it comes under. Are they building materials, timber products, insulation etc etc. Rates ive seen range from 0% to 40%.

23 hours ago, Torchia said:

So my question is, if I want to get some SIPs to the UK would it be accepted by building control? What kind of paperwork/certificates they would require? Or who can I speak to for more guidance on this matter?

Its not clear what happens next year in the event of no deal. We were going to have regulatory alignment and i dont think we have a choice but..

https://www.weightmans.com/insights/brexit/brexit-the-impact-on-the-construction-sector/

3. Standards and Regulations of products and materials

The government’s publication of the Construction Products (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (“Construction Products Regulation”) -  ensures regulatory alignment on exit day. However, government advice on the Construction Products Regulation in the event of a no trade deal scenario was withdrawn earlier this year, leaving the sector in limbo.