Quick post to say Hello

billy_bob_2020

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and am already enjoying the illuminating posts from the experienced self-builders out there.

I'm down in East Sussex and currently scouring the countryside looking for a plot for my first self-build.

It's been a long term dream of mine and due to a recent separation I suddenly find myself in a situation without a home and thinking that now is as good a time as any to try and make it happen.

I realise it is probably one of the most difficult parts of the country to find affordable land in so I'm not imagining it is going to happen quickly.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope to chat so some of you at some point down the line.

Will

On 15/10/2020 at 23:04, Bozza said:

Welcome.  Don’t forget about replacing an existing rubbish property as an option if you can’t find a clean building plot.  

Thanks Bozza,

Yes, I have been looking out for derelict or run down properties in the area. I have actually found an amazing spot with an old bungalo on it and done a land registy search. I also chatted to the neighbour who told me the old couple who lived there had passed away and left the property to their son but I have no way to track him down...

5 hours ago, billy_bob_2020 said:

Thanks Bozza,

Yes, I have been looking out for derelict or run down properties in the area. I have actually found an amazing spot with an old bungalo on it and done a land registy search. I also chatted to the neighbour who told me the old couple who lived there had passed away and left the property to their son but I have no way to track him down...

Have sent you a PM

On 15/10/2020 at 22:35, billy_bob_2020 said:

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and am already enjoying the illuminating posts from the experienced self-builders out there.

I'm down in East Sussex and currently scouring the countryside looking for a plot for my first self-build.

It's been a long term dream of mine and due to a recent separation I suddenly find myself in a situation without a home and thinking that now is as good a time as any to try and make it happen.

I realise it is probably one of the most difficult parts of the country to find affordable land in so I'm not imagining it is going to happen quickly.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope to chat so some of you at some point down the line.

Will

All the best. It's some journey but can be very rewarding. Try and have as much fun as you can. Take plenty photos too as a record. You can look back later and think to yourself " I did that"