Looking to purchase a concrete breaker to remove old render, recommendations?

Jml

We have a lot of blown, part blown render on the outside of our bungalow.  In order to remove it was looking to purchase a concrete breaker.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Aldi has this one for sale at the moment,  from various posts I know that Aldi tools seem ok, would it be something that peeps would recommend, both for value and quality?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-1900w-demolition-breaker/p/703356361614000

That is a heavy breaker to be holding up to remove render. Its a good bit of kit for occasionally breaking up a path or drive etc.

I would go for a much smaller hammer drill where you can select just hammer.

17 minutes ago, nod said:

Your better of hiring one 

If it burns out Which they often do 

They will Simply replace it 

If your not going to have a use for it after the job then hiring is the way to go, otherwise get one that is a dedicated breaker as the ones that are a drill / breaker are NOT designed for continuous braking...... the warranty people will tell you they are primarily a drill with the capacity to do limited breaking.... And they won’t cover the repair. (This is from my own experience but may not be universal) when it’s a dedicated breaker you can use it like a mad man and then simply hand it back when it breaks and get it fixed under warranty, but this can be frustrating if your only half way through the job....  I would get an sds max breaker for that as they are much lighter all round And Capable for that job and more. 

I used to buy matabo Sds max breakers in Australia as they had a big 3 year warranty And if I needed 4  I would by 6 and just assume that two would be at the repair shop at all times.....