Anyone bought and used brick "tiles"?

Carrerahill

We have a boxed in pipe in our kitchen, only visible from worktop to underside of cabinet so about 5 1/2 bricks - looking to tile it like a brick wall to make a feature out of it. Based on the corner bricks (which is all I would need) being standard brick size I have worked out I can buy 12 corner tiles and the bits I cut off each side to create a bond would result in the bits I need for the side return. 

So basically I am looking for 12 decent corner brick slips, tiles whatever you call them.

Edited by Carrerahill

31 minutes ago, Temp said:

Never used them but this place appears to sell small quantities.. click on pic of bricks then whers it says "choose" you can change it to "corner packs -..."..

https://mybrickwall.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwlID8BRAFEiwAnUoK1V6bVP0jrr9iR1Wf-cMXK4uLC0iBs6RNE9RgZ34vYfxWwadzxlHkeBoCEroQAvD_BwE

Thanks for that, the issue is postage. I need about £24 worth of tiles yet it will cost me nearly £90 with delivery! I can only assume they are a bit fragile and take a lot of care with packaging them.

I've found someone on ebay, a shop's ebay page, who look like they will do them at a reasonable delivery.

I did wonder if I could cut them from the 1000's of old imperials I have stacked in the garden! Would be a nice thought to have our own reclaimed bricks made into these and reused in our build.

• 1 year later...

Recently had a installer fit these on a small project at home, we are currently looking at cladding the outside of our bungalow, all the way round, found these guys quite helpful, and they even sent me some free samples, https://www.slipsfromstock.com/ , the installer we are looking to use wants to use their own branded brick slip adhesive, but is unsure if it will work with the insulation panels e are also having fitted. Has anyone had any experience of this situation, and if so what would be their recommendation for adhesive, or is their any adhesives to stay away from in particular?

12 minutes ago, TDimav said:

Recently had a installer fit these on a small project at home, we are currently looking at cladding the outside of our bungalow, all the way round, found these guys quite helpful, and they even sent me some free samples, https://www.slipsfromstock.com/ , the installer we are looking to use wants to use their own branded brick slip adhesive, but is unsure if it will work with the insulation panels e are also having fitted. Has anyone had any experience of this situation, and if so what would be their recommendation for adhesive, or is their any adhesives to stay away from in particular?

Which thermal panels and you thinking of fixing the brick slips to?

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2022 at 17:04, Marvin said:

Which thermal panels and you thinking of fixing the brick slips to?

It has been specified as Kingspan K5 on the regs, but no mention of an adhesive so i was going to go with what the brick slip company advised as Kingspans Technical department was not overly helpful.