Gluedown LVT - Fitting

canalsiderenovation

7 hours ago, Wagas said:

I got ours from Lifestyle. We wanted a herringbone pattern but our installer insisted it couldn't be done on the day of the job as the tiles were not all the exact same length...I'm talking tiny fractions out. We ended up going with a 45 degree install which looks good but would have preferred herringbone.

I'll never know if the installer just wanted an easier time or was right, but there must be a reason why Lifestyle are so cheap (and not the reasons they state).

Are you happy with the Liftestyle product Wagas, it’s the Galleria range we have chosen. Ecru Oak.  Could have afforded the higher spec range they offer but we actually liked the colour in that range.  We’ve gone for a straightforward plank design. 

interestingly we did consider herringbone design and our contractor said that wouldn’t be a problem has done it with Liftesyle before.  But yes lot more work than planking.

Yeah I'm happy with it. Hasn't come up which is the main thing! Ours is Amtico eden oak and I'm pretty sure it's the genuine article, but I also believe our fitter so maybe it's slight seconds. Did you consider laying it at 45 degree angle? Bit more interesting than straight plank IMO.

9 hours ago, Wagas said:

Laytex screed is an additional screed that goes on top of the screed you have. It gives a super smooth finish ready for the LVT.

How thick is the latex screed? 

I ask as I've planned 150 sqm of amtico on mine. I was quoted 60-80 per sqm supply and install  60 being basic plank. 80 being basket weave etc. That included screed, prep and everything. 

I told the company it was going down on a concrete pour (insulated foundation) that would be level and wouldn't a screed but she said it still would. 

I have big sliders and planning flush threshold but there is not much room for manoveur if they do add screed as I will only have allowed for the 5mm LVT and a wee gap. If they told.me later I need a 5mm screed I'm up the creek! 

Are you sure your amtico is 5mm as most are 2.5mm I think...

From memory the laytex screed was only a couple of mm but best to ask your fitter as I'm not certain. 

The prices you're quoting are if you buy it from an Amtico approved shop. IIRC they sell it for £40+ per sqm and maybe £30 sqm to fit it. I bought it online for £25 per sqm I think and £19 to fit it inc screed etc so quite a difference although not basket weave.

1 hour ago, Wagas said:

Are you sure your amtico is 5mm as most are 2.5mm I think...

From memory the laytex screed was only a couple of mm but best to ask your fitter as I'm not certain. 

The prices you're quoting are if you buy it from an Amtico approved shop. IIRC they sell it for £40+ per sqm and maybe £30 sqm to fit it. I bought it online for £25 per sqm I think and £19 to fit it inc screed etc so quite a difference although not basket weave.

I was just allowing 5mm as a guide but yeah your bang in its  2.5mm. I fitted 2 sqm in my porch  (there's another thread on it) I did a border and parquet style and it looked good, can't imagine doing 150 sqm. Should be easier as its a nice open space but would be painful.