Lighting design

Linto

So I'm at the stage where I need to start considering lighting for the new rooms.

I am thinking of something similar to this LED profile with LED RGB plus white tape inside with a dimmable driver and suitable control (not sure about the control it seems like simple light switches wont be ideal but anything beyond this seems complicated and going towards full home automation which I want to avoid having being burnt in the past)

They way I see it I'll have the profiles on both sides just below the flat element of the ceiling shining up on to it.  But I'm not sure if this will be too much light, not enough, the right kind etc. It all seems like a mine field so any helpful tips, guidance, thoughts would be appreciated. Both of the rooms are to be bedrooms and will have other more specific lighting by the bedside. 

One room will be 6m long and the other 4m and I'm thinking of having the LEDs running the full length of the rooms on both sides of the ceiling.

The roof construction is full fill mineral wool between the rafters then insulated plasterboard over this. There is a void above the flat part of the ceiling which is where I was planning on running the wires and drivers for the LEDs. 

I've attached a very basic drawing showing what I mean.

lighting layout (2).png