Short Unslotted Waste

amavadia

Hi 

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced unslotted waste traps for a sink? I didn't realise they all came with these long threaded tails and fitted a stud in a wall for a wall mount sink which is now not far enough above the waste pipe to allow for regular traps with large threaded sections. Something like the below. Free flow would be better but will take whatever I can to find a solution here.

https://www.sanctuary-bathrooms.co.uk/assets/images/products/cw2_unslotted_1_spec_a_1.webp

37 minutes ago, amavadia said:

The link above is what I am after because it is all open and using a chrome bottle trap ?

Ok, then maybe an all in one Link if the outlet of the chrome trap will still be too high? This saves a lot of space in the cabinet too.

FYI you can just cut a few turns off the one you linked, as long as you cut straight an flat. Done that plenty of times.

Edited by Nickfromwales

6 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ok, then maybe an all in one Link if the outlet of the chrome trap will still be too high? This saves a lot of space in the cabinet too.

FYI you can just cut a few turns off the one you linked, as long as you cut straight an flat. Done that plenty of times.

I took 10mm off one for a lad at work with a hacksaw and file not so long ago. Held in the vice wrapped in cloth. Came out spot on. And I thought they were taking the piss as an apprentice when they said we should be able to hacksaw to within 20 thou!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I took 10mm off one for a lad at work with a hacksaw and file not so long ago. Held in the vice wrapped in cloth. Came out spot on. And I thought they were taking the piss as an apprentice when they said we should be able to hacksaw to within 20 thou!

I would have used my lathe.

Just now, amavadia said:

I was thinking about cutting one off but doesn't it need to be completely square at the bottom to make a seal with the socket on the bottle trap?

Yup. Lay off the pop before attempting to cut it. CT1 will do you proud if things go a bit astray.