Our new front door!

Mandana

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

Hi @Pete,

Nice door but even nicer cladding ? what’s it called & where did you get it?

The stone to the left is Norstone graphite lava and the wood effect is Trespa romantic walnut 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Looks like quality . It’s funny how ‘personal’ a front door becomes . It represents the house I always think and teases to what’s inside .

Our builder wanted us to put the same door for the front door as the rest of the outside ones. They just didn't have the impact we wanted, hence changing suppliers. As nice as they are, this one is head and shoulders nicer

1 minute ago, Mandana said:

Our builder wanted us to put the same door for the front door as the rest of the outside ones. They just didn't have the impact we wanted, hence changing suppliers. As nice as they are, this one is head and shoulders nicer

Builders not a creative and just sees from door as a door . When it’s yours it becomes personal . I love our front door ! ( r k doors ) 

• Like 1

Good that you went for a 1100mm wide door, our door is the same size.

I see a lot of houses with a pair of doors when they want a wider door, but no one wants to open two doors all the time so usually it ends up like having a smaller than normal front door. One wider door is a better option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The stone to the left is Norstone graphite lava and the wood effect is Trespa romantic walnut 

It looks good. What is it made from?

It looks to be a higher class more design-lead version of the type of cladding I used from EuroCell when sharpening up a studio bungalow a couple of years ago.

Edited by Ferdinand

32 minutes ago, pocster said:

Builders not a creative and just sees from door as a door . When it’s yours it becomes personal . I love our front door ! ( r k doors ) 

We considered RK Doors too. Pirnar just had the edge on price, and we really liked the guy we worked with. Very responsive and very reasonable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AliG said:

Good that you went for a 1100mm wide door, our door is the same size.

I see a lot of houses with a pair of doors when they want a wider door, but no one wants to open two doors all the time so usually it ends up like having a smaller than normal front door. One wider door is a better option.

The architect originally designed the opening to be double doors taking the whole width including the sidelights. Once we were told double doors aren't as secure as a single, we changed the design.

42 minutes ago, pocster said:

Here’s one of the side doors. No comparison to the one we chose, and not *that* much more £££

828C50CF-8176-4FAE-A3AE-5F29FDEB5E5D.jpeg

BE7A7762-1537-4AEA-85A8-1676DA8897C9.jpeg

• Like 1