Our Jeremy's in a podcast !

For anyone who fancies having a listen, Jeremy Harris has done two podcasts with Houseplanninghelp.com and can be found here.

http://www.houseplanninghelp.com/hph154-the-challenges-of-building-a-new-home-in-a-rural-community-with-jeremy-harris/

http://www.houseplanninghelp.com/hph155-do-you-really-need-an-architect-to-design-your-house-with-jeremy-harris/

I was amazed - he sounds completely different to expected. (I thought he would sound much older...:ph34r:)

there isnt much additional info for someone who has read all his blogs but still nice to hear about his build.  :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Onoff said:

A pity they didn't go into the reasons why eBuild closed. Still, can't let things like that get in the way of a good story and a bit of self promotion.

It's posts like this that are posted without knowing the truth, and misrepresenting me in the process, that are part of the reason I no longer post here.

For the record, I had NO part in the closure of Ebuild, in fact I was the one who got a judge off the golf course on a Saturday morning to advise the owner of his legal position regarding the individual who DID cause the closure of Ebuild!

The founders of this group know the full story, and much of the background is simply that the chap running Ebuild didn't have the time to do the technical stuff needed to keep it going, nothing more exciting I'm afraid, and the chap that threatened legal action (NOT over something I'd posted!) was the last straw. 

Anyway, dragging up history, especially history that's not directly linked to me, many months later, wouldn't have been appropriate.

in those podcasts.

And, just to set the self-promotion rubbish straight, Corrine Mitchell asked the chap who runs that podcast thing ti contact me months ago, not me.  He contacted me and I didn't respond for months, not really the sign of someone after a bit of "self promotion" is it.

Finally, I started moving my blog before this group was started.  All the founder members here know that, as some of them helped me get the content from Ebuild in a format I could use.  I pay for that blog, and gain not a single penny in revenue from it.

It's comments like these (and I did read those that have been deleted about me, too) that are part of the reason I don't post here.

Edited by JSHarris

Agreed re the closure of Ebuild, as I can vouch first hand about that ?.

I have 'politely requested' that folk stick to facts and refrain from anything that could be seen as insulting or personally offensive, but it appears that I may need to further promote our policy on that. 

Fwiw, if I let every little thing get me down, I'd be downy McDown of Downton Abbey, so I've instead just got slightly thicker skin now ;)

Accepting the fact that not everyone gets on with everyone, I'm happy to live with the remainder whom I do get on with and focus solely on that. Life is too short to be affected by the minority and, trust me, I'm not everyone's cup of tea I assure you. 

• Like 1

Jeremy, you've got a hell of a lot of supporters on this site who value what you've done for them and the community as a whole, and there's a couple of members that make the odd dig against you and others. It just seems a shame that you disconnect yourself from this large body of people that support and respect you because of a couple of jibes. 

I am glad I am not a moderator, because finding the right balance of freedom of speech and censorship, and the upset that some comments can cause is a difficult one to make

Anyway, l listened to both the podcasts last night and found them informed and interesting.  The site seems a resource worth looking at.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Agreed re the closure of Ebuild, as I can vouch first hand about that ?.

I have 'politely requested' that folk stick to facts and refrain from anything that could be seen as insulting or personally offensive, but it appears that I may need to further promote our policy on that. 

Fwiw, if I let every little thing get me down, I'd be downy McDown of Downton Abbey, so I've instead just got slightly thicker skin now ;)

Accepting the fact that not everyone gets on with everyone, I'm happy to live with the remainder whom I do get on with and focus solely on that. Life is too short to be affected by the minority and, trust me, I'm not everyone's cup of tea I assure you. 

On the plus side, this whole saga saves me watching any soaps and I can instead devote the time to installing my cladding today.

It's a bit of dynamic html that's being written by JavaScript running in the browser. It might be silently failing on your Opera browser. The actual download links are:

If you've got a modern phone (possibly not including Android 2) then you should be able to see and listen there.

8 hours ago, Onoff said:

A pity they didn't go into the reasons why eBuild closed. Still, can't let things like that get in the way of a good story and a bit of self promotion.

c'mon @Onoff, Why would he go in to the reason it closed (and yes i will vouch it had nothing to do with Jeremy)

the podcast was about building, not forums and their politics. From a few of your posts it seems you have got something against Jeremy and i hope it is only because you were under the impression that he was the reason Ebuild closed (which you were wrong about, but that may be out fault for not discussing it a huge amount outside the foundation group), 

Either way whats wrong with a bit of self promotion, Everybody knows that is the sole reason I Joined Ebuild, it might not be the reason i have stayed so long but there is no hiding the fact if i wasn't trying to get the youtube channel which i have put a fair amount of work into "promoted" to a wider audience. None of you would have ever met me.

1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

It's comments like these (and I did read those that have been deleted about me, too) that are part of the reason I don't post here.

Chin up Jeremy, Harsh comments get me down as well, not so much here but on my videos, they hurt a lot more than they should and i don't know why, probably because i am only trying to help and it seems very ungrateful that some people say the things they do. either way I think you did the right thing by commenting, There is nothing wrong with a good old bit of arguing back IMO

Ed

• Like 6

Guest Alphonsox

An excellent couple of podcasts - well worth an hours listening, even those of us who have read the blogs and posts over the past few years.

Well now that I have actually started building I will be going through every one of Jeremy's threads and podcasts to finalise my thinking on our build. His input into heating, cooling and DHW is second to non. In fact the strength of the man ( in my opinion) is his admittance recently that all the technical control systems he designed and experimented with ( and offered to one and all with no cost to himself) was not really needed, a simple room stat proved sufficient ( phew, because I could not keep up with all that Technical stuff). He has even offered to lend his testing kit out to forum members at no cost. I, like others on here, am looking forward to more podcasts from the man himself. Keep it coming Jeremy, this place is a great source of knowledge with some wonderful people but is all the poorer for your absence.

Edited by joe90
Typo
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

c'mon @Onoff, Why would he go in to the reason it closed (and yes i will vouch it had nothing to do with Jeremy)

Ed

Why you ask? Because no-one ever did Ed - no-one ever did. It was all secret squirrel as you know. I watched what unfolded over a few days and it's beyond me how anyone can claim it had nothing to do with Jeremy. Some of what he wrote was downright outrageous about a certain person/company.He was maybe not the only one, but he created mayhem. 

And that's just ebuild. I'm being blunt on this thread because as far as I'm concerned, the whole ebuild thing got swept under the carpet, but here was are with one person STILL creating issues. The same person saying he won't use/comment on this forum but yet continues to do so? 

I'm still wondering how someone who doesn't use this forum has over 11,000posts. 

Edit: I have un hidden this post as I think it is better for the whole story to be visible while things are being discussed. If I am wrong in doing so. On my head be it. 

Ed

4 hours ago, JSHarris said:

It's posts like this that are posted without knowing the truth, and misrepresenting me in the process, that are part of the reason I no longer post here.

[...]

I did read those that have been deleted about me, too) that are part of the reason I don't post here.

Good to see you back. 

The Internet is the place to find shared ignorance and thats why your technical understanding is so valued by so many people.

People are allowed to be wrong on the Internet.

Jamie,

Because this isn't really the best place to give you the answers you seek, and put right the assertions as to my involvement you've made, I'm going to send you, and my other critic, what I know, by PM.  I will also copy in all the other founders of these forum.  None of us know the whole story, I have to say.

BTW, your comment does explain why you were so offensive on that (since deleted) post, but I'm at a loss as to why others feel the same.

• Like 2

I'd like to add my thanks to Jeremy who has been very kind in sending me equipment to check out some issues we had in our renovation property.   It cost him to send it to me and he never asked for anything towards the costs. I value all his blogs and information and am certainly going to be using alot of his experience and details when we plan our self build.  I echo Terrys comment in that there are a large number of posters on this forum that find his knowledge and willingness to share a wonderful asset and I miss his comments. 

But I still cannot reconcile your voice with your picture - its not right!  You sound too young..... or maybe its the beard making you look older. :DO.o