Internal Plastering with Lime

ArtyWoodworker

Hi All,

I'm about to re-plaster the lower half of my Victorian dining room in Lime (remediation of damp problems, and replacing gypsum based plastering with breathable lime).

I'm experienced (DIY) in plastering with gypsum based products, having attended some training by professionals a few years back, but this will be my first time rendering/plastering with Lime.

I've ordered Course Lime Plaster with fibres for the scratch coat, medium lime for the second coat, followed by fine, finish lime plaster for the top coat. (all ready mixed).
It will be applied to bricks (built with lime) and will join the top half of the room which is rendered with original lime but covered in gypsum finish coat (no damp issues there so I have left as is).

I have also ordered some Pozzolan additive to speed up drying and strengthen the plaster.

My question is, does anybody here have experience in Lime plastering internally, who can offer me some practical tips and advice? I've watched a couple of YouTube videos, and have got a few pointers, but would like to hear what others have experienced also. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, patp said:

Can I ask how you got on? 

We both suffer with lung issues and so are thinking of using lime plaster on our new build brick bungalow. 

What benefits do you feel you will get with lime plaster ?

im a bit baffled as to where it fits in with a new build, I thought the idea was to make it air tight. ?‍♂️