Roof flashing against parapet wall

Zen

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether I could get some advice on whether this is a job I might be able to do myself (I have no experience but keen to learn..)

As can be seen in the photo, previously someone has done a bodge job and put mortar between wall and tiles - there should be lead flashing, is that right?

To fix this, could someone advise?  I imagine the wall would need rendering and then once that is done, a shallow line cut to install the lead?  I cannot find much on this particular situation on youtube..  or would you advise getting a professional roofer in for this?

Any help much appreciated,

Zen

IMG_4037.jpg IMG_4036.jpg

Looks like you need to learn how to flash a roof with profiled tiles to a wall. There are some youtube vids.. This example is on a short porch roof. For a taller roof the lead will have to be in several sections. Start at the bottom so that subsequent sections go on top as you work up towards the ridge. Each section should overlap the one below like roof tiles do.

My only hesitation is the wall. Is it brick or stone? Im not sure if you can do this type of flashing with a stone wall.

Make sure the lead is wide enough to reach over to the low point of the tile. I would bring it out to this point..

Lead.jpg.169bd337d55c22169fff61fc55ac232b.jpg

Bit of googling suggests that with a stone wall you cut a straight slot 1.5" deep into the stone with an angle grinder about 125-150mm above the tiles. The slot should slope upwards as it goes into the wall.