DIY Solar Panel Installation

My self build is coming along nicely, however it’s been a few years since I decided to include solar panels. I’ve now got all the kit on site and need to get it installed in the next few months.

Can one of you knowledgable  people remind me of the official paperwork I need to submit and the whom? It’s being installed by myself and wired up by the qualified electrician.

49 minutes ago, Triassic said:

what is a Type approved EREC G100 device

Usually it is the inverter.  These are built in and if commissioned properly (we wary of SMA inverters as they can lock you out of you fail to get the country number correct).

There is usually a certificate with the inverter that states all this and a copy has to be sent to the DNO.

• 8 months later...
On 24/09/2020 at 08:03, Triassic said:

My self build is coming along nicely, however it’s been a few years since I decided to include solar panels. I’ve now got all the kit on site and need to get it installed in the next few months.

Can one of you knowledgable  people remind me of the official paperwork I need to submit and the whom? It’s being installed by myself and wired up by the qualified electrician.

@Triassic can I ask where you purchased your kit from?