Pine floorboards?

AlanUK

In the room above the newly built garage, I'm thinking about putting pine floorboards down. I'll be using the 21mm ones (due to 60cm joist spacing).  Are there varying quality boards, or is one company's boards much the same as another?  Also, any recommendations on where to get them?  (I'm in Worcestershire). 

Hi Alan

I'm in Devon - not a lot of use to you regarding sourcing boards, but what I can say is that whatever you choose (especially if you buy new as opposed to reclaimed boards), Osmo oil will bring out the best in them and there's a selection of tints to choose from to make them warmer, lighter or darker etc.

This link is to my local supplier - but the product is widely available: Osmo UV-Protection Oil Clear Excellent product; but that's reflected in the price.

Tim.

Thanks Tim and Temp.  I've seen the Osmo for sale close to me, so that shouldn't be a problem, and heard good things about it elsewhere too.  Temp, those floors look fantastic, but I suspect they will be outside of my price range.  Nice though.