Planners playing games

Moonshine

On 22/09/2020 at 08:14, joe90 said:

Don’t talk to me about fecking planners!!!!

and me 

tempting to start  crowd funding  for a hit on the local planning officer .LOL

I know it would be over subscribed in a day by all the local builders .

and enviromental health is not much better ,

not as though they had an excess of staff before --and to cut them down to 2 days working is a joke --

we really need a salomonella outbreak to go with the corvid  

been trying to get my water (house supply)tested for 3 months now - and sepa tell me no -go to council

All I get is --"we are too involved with corvid " and labs do not have time 

so as pubs and eating places are now open again  water testing should be working again 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I just looked -  even the best test does not test for arsenic 

and I know a well locally had to have an arsenic filter fitted

CORRECTION -I must be going blind --looked again and it there on their most expensive test kit £249 a go 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Sad 1

n  I, m not going blind --It depends which way you look at the premium test kit on their site

one way its listed ==the otherway  it is not 

how much do i trust a testing company that cannot get simple things like this right   

not a lot

time for a snappy email to them 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1

Just looked and the “water testing plus £129” tests for arsenic but as you say the premium £249 appears  not to. The “plus conforms to ISO 17025 which from my tinternet search is the water standard required by the authorities “

(you can tell it’s raining hard here and I can’t get on with my landscaping ?‍♂️)

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scottishjohn said:

and me 

tempting to start  crowd funding  for a hit on the local planning officer .LOL

I know it would be over subscribed in a day by all the local builders .

and enviromental health is not much better ,

not as though they had an excess of staff before --and to cut them down to 2 days working is a joke --

we really need a salomonella outbreak to go with the corvid  

been trying to get my water (house supply)tested for 3 months now - and sepa tell me no -go to council

All I get is --"we are too involved with corvid " and labs do not have time 

so as pubs and eating places are now open again  water testing should be working again 

There's a few consultancies that can test the private water supplies - some local authorities don't do it the tests for new supplies, dm me if you need any contacts...

and if you ever see a news story of a number of planning officers from different local authorities going missing in the same week, you'll never hear from me again ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So after 3 weeks of toing and frowing with the architect and planning officer, with what i consider 'minor' amendments to the drawings, the planner is now satisfied and the drawing have been uploaded to the portal. I presume that this is now the start date of the application, FFS.

After such a major ball ache just getting the drawings submitted i am expecting an absolute hell of a application process! ? 

On 24/09/2020 at 09:22, joe90 said:

Just looked and the “water testing plus £129” tests for arsenic but as you say the premium £249 appears  not to. The “plus conforms to ISO 17025 which from my tinternet search is the water standard required by the authorities “

(you can tell it’s raining hard here and I can’t get on with my landscaping ?‍♂️)

got test results back ==water is fine 

however although the lab complies with all required codes 

I still might have to get the council to do a test --

why

,because I do not have the qualifications to take the samples !!

anyway water is fine which  what we needed to know for now 

last email from head of planning was to say that due to covid he can give me no time scale as to when a planning application or site visit can happen 

my spies tell me it could be next year before they are working normal --and that is measured  on a glacial time scale

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Tell me about it.  I am trying to get a temporary habitation certificate.

Good luck with that! We got ours just before lockdown and were told then that we wouldn’t get a completion certificate while covid was on the go , apparently they will not come out which seems odd since you can have a workman in your house doing work!

AND I’ve just discovered it has run out last month so will need to get on to them and see if they’ll extend it ?

Edited by recoveringbuilder

34 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Tell me about it.  I am trying to get a temporary habitation certificate.

aty leats yuo have a house 

Ican,t even get started

at this rate i think i should ask planning to include a mausoleum in the grounds --in case i never get it finished  +build that first 

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

It's all getting a farce now!!!

Planning has been submitted with revised drawings for about 4 weeks, the application is still not validated and the case officer keeps fobbing the architect of. The head of planning is now involved apologising for the delay and that the case officer will be touch next week (we have heard that before)... 

I am not counting my chickens.

I have also chased up my drop kurb application with highways submitted months ago. They have replied that the to covid they won't be looking at applications until the new year!!!!!

Feeling hacked off with it all!

55 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

It's all getting a farce now!!!

Planning has been submitted with revised drawings for about 4 weeks, the application is still not validated and the case officer keeps fobbing the architect of. The head of planning is now involved apologising for the delay and that the case officer will be touch next week (we have heard that before)... 

I am not counting my chickens.

I have also chased up my drop kurb application with highways submitted months ago. They have replied that the to covid they won't be looking at applications until the new year!!!!!

Any phone calls with planning record .

If you can arrange face to face even in current situation, do that . Buy a quality recording pen !! . They will fuss , lie , mislead , contradict - anything to avoid stamping ‘approved’ on it . It is a long play Tactical game I am afraid !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonshine said:

Don’t use the council for this - just get a registered streetworks contractor to do it (which is all they will do) and save yourself the money and the hassle. They can apply for the permit on your behalf and they go via a different route. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 12:14, PeterW said:

Don’t use the council for this - just get a registered streetworks contractor to do it (which is all they will do) and save yourself the money and the hassle. They can apply for the permit on your behalf and they go via a different route. 

i haven't heard of this before, can you give any more information?

All i read from my local authority is that i need a licence to create a new access, so i would be interested in who could do that via another means.