Leaf Blowers

daiking

On 21/09/2020 at 08:49, joe90 said:

4 hours ago, Temp said:

A push mower might work as well?  

it’s a thing ^ you missed Joe’s post a few days ago for a lawn sweeper.

6 minutes ago, daiking said:

Prob last chance today to use the mower before spring. Didn’t need cutting though, just collecting leaves from a small garden ?

8AC03C35-7827-499A-B557-496A9C4C5991.jpeg

And I thought WE were at the cold end of the country?

Harvest only just completed last week up here, yet leaves barely started changing colour let alone falling off the trees.  It will be some time before we need to think about leaf collection.

Did do the final strimmering of the season, final grass cut still to be done.

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

And I thought WE were at the cold end of the country?

Harvest only just completed last week up here, yet leaves barely started changing colour let alone falling off the trees.  It will be some time before we need to think about leaf collection.

Did do the final strimmering of the season, final grass cut still to be done.

We are seriously over-tree'd for what we've got. A couple of sycamores seem to have been premature this year in losing their leaves, I'll have months of this. Just think of next year's leaf mulch. I'm going to see if I can fill that bulk bag in a month.

The grim wet Manchester winter started overnight so I might no have a dry day till March.

Edited by daiking

• 1 month later...

bought a cheap one and the fecking thing doesn't work properly. The bottom section of the tube doesn't securely fit so the little safety circuit keeps breaking and it cuts out unless you rest it on the ground to make the connection. going back to the fixer of screws tomorrow.

I used ours on Saturday.  It had been quite dry here for a while, dry enough for the leaves not to be stuck to the ground this year so they blew well.

2 years since being started (it didn't get used last year) and it was somewhat reluctant to rev to start with but it cleared after a while, no doubt the usual small engine / stale petrol problem.

Ours must be even cheaper, it is not encumbered by strange safety cutout switches.  You start the engine and the fan blows.  That is it.

Mine is a 2 stroke and noisy as hell but powerful. Did my nans lawn last week leaves were soaked but the blower got them all down the bottom and I got them into a pile. Dug a grave pit where the runner beans grow this weekend buried a load in there