Self cutting valve

recoveringbuilder

My friend has sold her flat and is preparing to move however she has to remove her dishwasher as it’s not working so she cannot leave it behind, her problem is the way it’s connected (see pictures) , her son believes this to be a self cutting valve and is unsure how to proceed. I’ve only seen the photos but my thinking is the silver bit at the top should turn off the supply therefore she could then remove the dishwasher hose without having a flood on her hands, she says this bit does turn so am I correct in my assumption?CD853E1A-1A8A-4713-B8B3-5AA6298AB165.thumb.jpeg.0112e39b8f26cdfdf908b27b6bfca829.jpegB74D382B-7589-4987-A613-A8FFA0045BD0.thumb.jpeg.d1a8a2aac71679cb212e8b591f0fdb6a.jpeg

Yep. Turning the silver bit should isolate. Then unscrew the off white plastic bit. Have a washing up bowl ready as you'll likely get some water come out of the pipe. Go gentle removing that pipe as those self cutting valves are crap. Clip the removed hose to the clips on the back of the wm.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

...and if the valve refuses to fully stop the water despite being closed then screw on a blanking cap. (I prefer to do that anyway with any unused valves for belt and braces)

39553_P&$prodImageMedium$

I had thought of that , her son is usually quite handy but he is a bit wary about starting screwing at it in case he ends up with the whole thing coming out!