Do cranes come in various sizes?

epsilonGreedy

14 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

My truss carpenter was surprised they were delivered as separates and are 32kg each.

They were delivered last week on a flatbed with no crane and the first thing the driver said was "I had a double heart by-pass in February, didn't the head office tell you to have a second bloke to unload?". We lifted the load off manually in an hour.

My god me and this bloke are kindred spirits

A fella I used to work with here and in NZ built his own place over there...and his own crane to do it with...

DSCF1865.thumb.JPG.fe5a448a19767ae1a390dca7ea8d2f29.JPG

DSCF1870-2.thumb.JPG.0fa72bbc69a35c79bc0b0c15d9f0cbb0.JPG

He's said it's still in the long grass at the back of the house and I'm welcome to come and get it! ?

15 hours ago, Onoff said:

A fella I used to work with here and in NZ built his own place over there...and his own crane to do it with...

He's said it's still in the long grass at the back of the house and I'm welcome to come and get it! ?

Can you tow it behind a Crapi

• 1 month later...

The solution was a local man with a telehandler. He had an ingenious solution which involved attaching a large crate to the forks. The crate was about 1m square and plus some extra battens tied on. This allowed my 6m wide trusses to be balanced on top and then slid off at the loading bay once lifted. Two hours to lift 18 trusses.

The telehandler has a 9m arm and it was about 5.0m to the top rail of the scaffolding.

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG

• Like 3

I hired one of these to put up the steel ridge beams on my build. Longest beam was 5m and was 31kg/m so 150kg. Floor to apex is 6m and its another 1.5m to ground level at the end in the picture. I'd never driven one before but it was an absolute doddle to get them in place. Recommend using a 2-way radio if you can!

120123341_3497365376991549_1947097221996314962_n.jpg