Price guide

ZacP

21 hours ago, Trw144 said:

I appreciate it has many variables, but has anyone have any info on costing ICF when using a contractor as opposed to DIY? Had a ball park price back from nudura and it seems it could be quite a potential saving vs timber frame.

Doing exactly the same thing right now for our outbuilding. So far can't say the quotes for installed product are low enough. Materials are fine. Can't quite figure out how 4K raft materials (OK, plus 1K concrete and <1K rebar) become 15K installed. The same with the walls. 

I'll stick my neck out.....we undertake projects at rates between £120 and £220/M2 of wall area plus half of the window area.

Lots(!) Of factors.  The closer to a single storey, 4 cornered, standard windowed box, the closer to £120 you get.

Design is the biggest factor and then geography.

That  covers everything from slab to completed walls and openings.  All materials, all equipment all labour to install one particular brand of EPS ICF.

Edited by FM2015
  • Thanks 1

On 25/02/2021 at 20:17, Trw144 said:

I appreciate it has many variables, but has anyone have any info on costing ICF when using a contractor as opposed to DIY? Had a ball park price back from nudura and it seems it could be quite a potential saving vs timber frame.

My builder charges £80/m² for building ICF (standard ICF block for a simple wall inc openings). I think the Amvic blocks work out at about £35/m² for Joe blogs.

Edited by Conor
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FM2015 said:

we undertake projects at rates between £120 and £220/M2 of wall area plus half of the window area.

I have had a few jobs queried because of this.

Charge one price to put a hole in, and another, sometimes higher, some times lower, to not put a hole.

2 hours ago, Conor said:

My builder charges £80/m² for building ICF (standard ICF block for a simple wall inc openings). I think the Amvic blocks work out at about £35/m² for Joe blogs.

£35 for blocks

£20 for concrete

£5 for steel 

£5 for pump 

Plus labour, scaffold, bracing. £80?

Can I have his number please?! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I have had a few jobs queried because of this.

Charge one price to put a hole in, and another, sometimes higher, some times lower, to not put a hole.

Lots of projects with 75% glass walls until they get a price for the glass!

100m2 of wall of which 20% is opening so meterage rate is multiplied by 90m2 =total area less half the glass.

Couldn't really be fairer.  Plenty of framers price through openings.

Edited by FM2015

2 hours ago, FM2015 said:

£35 for blocks

£20 for concrete

£5 for steel 

£5 for pump 

Plus labour, scaffold, bracing. £80?

Can I have his number please?! 

Being in Northern Ireland, all of those costs would be a fair bit lower.